Chemical Suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Happy Dayz, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Dayz

Happy Dayz New Member

I have no idea what I'm doing here!!

Just got released from hospital after taking not enough tablets and being sectioned by the police. Went to see mental health people who told me I need to see alcohol people because I only ever OD when I drink...Alchohol people then told me I need to see Mental Health people because I only drink once a week...have completely run out of ways to ask for help..

New plan...<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> ...much more final than the pills...have even gave myself a date and place to do it...Happy Dayz!!!!!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OMG they are passing the buck jesus that pisses me off honestly these people have to get together okay on help you. YOU go in and you tell them you want concurrent disorder professional to help you okay as you have both problems and tell them you will not leave until you get help hugs
  3. CheapEscape

CheapEscape Active Member

March in there and get the help you need, girl. Don't give up. -hugs-
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey, sorry to hear that you are having trouble. the system frequently doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

I suppose you could go back to the mental health people and tell them what the alcohol people said.

you could also tell them that you are in a crisis and can't take responsibility for finding the right place to get help.

they are really the one's who should figure out how to help you rather than them putting the burden on you.

:console: :hug: :hug:
  5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you were sectioned by police. I was a couple of weeks ago and the police were awful. Not a nice experience. I take it you had a full MHA assessment by social worker, and doctors. What did they say? Will they continue to support you, have they put anything in place?

One of my biggest gripes about the menta health system is with alcohol. As soon as you drink they think it's that causing it. But I feel a lot of the time there is obviously underlying issues that need addressing and it's just buck passing. Go see your GP and ask for a referral to Dual Diagnosis.

6. Happy Dayz

Happy Dayz New Member

Had an assessment before I was released by a Doctor and x2 social workers who referred me to the mental health people. When i attended the appointment was then told to see the alchohol people..when I told them that wasen't good enough he said he would set up an appointment in conjuntion with mental health and alchohol people but, I could tell he seemed to think I had some agenda (his head needs examined more than mine if he thinks I'm capable of coming up with an agenda in my current frame of mind).

I give up!!!!!

I've researched all weekend and know I need to Edit Moderator Total Eclipse method>and just need the measurements please,,I really don't want to overshoot the measurements and harm anyone else as I know it takes between 12-36 hours for the chemical to dispell. Please help!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
  7. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

Okay, to be honest, that was going to be my method last year. And it's not as full-proof as you think. I, too, researched a lot about it and, first of all like you said, it takes many hours for the chemical to dispell. Meaning, whoever finds you, is going to die as well. And if you're planning on doing it in a bathroom or closet of a house, it's going to spread throughout the entire house. So if you have any family or pets, they're done for. Also, I happened to order one of those chemicals that you need, the one you can't find in regular stores...and to put it simply: holy shit, it stinks. If you've never smelled sulfur before, it'll be quite a shock to you if you open that bottle. It's literally a very strong smell of rotten eggs. Yes, it's true that if you breathe this gas at the level of toxicity that you mentioned, one breath will kill you...but what about mixing the chemicals you have to mix? You're going to have to smell that stuff as you're doing it. And if you think it's bearable, you're wrong. My fiance found that bottle that I had of the stinky stuff and poured it out a few yards away from his house outside. He noticed the smell right away, and so did his parents who were IN the house. So he had to make up a story about what that chemical was for and why he was dumping it out. And then when he showed me the spot where he dumped it out (it was summer at the time), the green grass turned a most awful orange-yellow color. It's very toxic and very dangerous. Do you even know which chemicals exactly to get? Because I've heard stories of some people getting a similar chemical that wasn't what they needed. Point is, it's very dangerous, and could go wrong in numerous ways. If not for you, then for the people around you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
  8. RSKS

RSKS Active Member

Hi Happy Dayz. What strikes me about your post is that it doesn't seem that you want to die. In fact, you want help but the people they have sent you to haven't been able to understand you yet. Unless you're intoxicated now, it sounds like your suicidal thoughts do not only come with alcohol use. I would suggest you go back to a mental health clinician and be very direct about what's going on and what you think you need. Share everything. There is help out there. The issue is that many people simply don't understand someone's unique situation. MAKE them understand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.