chewing tabacco

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by TTrocP, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTrocP

TTrocP Guest

I'd just like to remind people that tabacco is still a drug and does have consequeces to using it. Believe me I'm telling you first hand, I started doing chewing tabacco cause i figured it doesnt screw up your lungs and it doesnt really have any consequences. I started dipping everytime I wanted to cut (so aboout three times a night) for about 2 weeks straight and now my gums are cut up as fuck. And I can't stop which is the worse part. I know it's just fucking me up but I rely on the buzzes now. Please people, don't turn to chemicals for support, they just make you crash and do not help the problem. So I suggest if you have depression, try not to mess around with drugs cause I do believe you have a much higher chance of becoming addicted.

2. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

TTrocP

I am from Rochester, nice to know there is someone else from Minnesota. I also chew and it is eating my gums. I bleed regularily and my jaw hurts. I have tried to stop and can't. I have been dipping since I was 19. It is a nasty habit, but I like doing it at the same time. People don't know you chew if it is concealed in your mouth. Where as smokers are more obvious. Get what I am saying? Later Blackfire

3. Raven

Raven Guest

Chewing tabacco has kinda of been held as a better alternitive to smokeing, sometimes far to late you find out how bad it is. I used to chew of course when I did I still smoked at the same time so I kinda of figured that I would just smoke. Just remember for anyone that has never tried it, far eaiser to never take the first buff, spit etc then try to quite.

4. TTrocP

TTrocP Guest

O yea its nice to see a fellow minnesotan! i was just in rochester saturday for a hockey game. I live in the twin cities. Yea my lower gums bleed when i brush my teeth but ive been doing bottom lips now ive moved to the top to give the lower ones a break. I honestly cant stop it. Im dipping right now and i hate it. I like that line raven, just avoid it...cause its sooo true, quitin this shit is a lot harder then youll think

5. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

I agree it is far easier never to start. it is expensive and making me poor. a college student cant pay for this crap. i wish i had never started.

6. worthless78

worthless78 Member

i used to dip. and my buddies still do.
    if you want it to heal you gotta stop for a few days.
    have a smoke instead. lol.
    use mouth wash to help it heal.

and....dont take such a big pinch.
    its better to do more offen than bigger.
    my buddy holds a pinch of cope. for about 10min.
    then reloads. be had the same problem.
    it went away.
    his jaw stopped hurting so much too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.