Chik-Fil-Whatever

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by JV3, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I know I'm about to open up a can of worms with this, but I got to express how I'm feeling...

I am absolutely embarrassed as a human to see that people are losing their minds because of something one person said. All my liberal friends sound so stupid for their protests. You know what? Don't buy food from there. It's pretty simple. You don't have to go on a hate parade about how you don't like someone's opinion.

And to the thousands of people who lined up today...I don't even know what to say. It's just a fast food chain. This isn't the Berlin Wall. You know, if you support what's-his-face...whatever. Don't go hating other people for their opinion. Hate breeds hate. Let's just get the endless cycle of hate going because that sure is making things in the country and world a lot better.

Do you know what mature adults do? Mind their own business. I'm not for or against gay marriage...either way it's none of my business. What I am against is hate and how we as a society are allowing this type of culture to get out of hand.

We have just had a string of shootings or attempted shootings. People are dying everyday from starvation and improper living conditions. More people are on the streets than ever before. Kids are being orphaned. Depression and desperation are higher than ever before. And what do we care about most? What do we put our efforts and thoughts and money into? What do we want to watch on TV and and social media about? What do we rally behind? For/against one man who owns a dang fast food chain's opinion and watching how great two people can dive into a pool together or how fast they can swim.

Makes me sick...and it makes me feel really hopeless. This is why I don't watch much TV or get on Facebook much. Sorry for being whiny about this subject. It's just been driving me crazy. Thanks for letting me vent...

- J

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

It's very simple... if you don't like them or what they stand for, don't support them. This is America... they have the rights to their beliefs, and people have the right to protest or boycott them if they don't like their beliefs. That's how freedom and democracy works... it's messy and sometimes petty and spiteful. Nobody ever said it was perfect.

The gay marriage issue isn't something that has any affect on my life personally, but I could certainly understand why a gay person would be upset enough to boycott a business for having an anti-gay marriage stance. What I for one will never understand is how legalizing gay marriage will somehow negatively impact my life as a heterosexual. But I suppose part of that is because I don't buy into the whole 'sanctity of marriage' crap argument anyway. What sanctity? 50% of all marriages end in divorce. By some estimates, 75% of all marriages have at least one partner who has or will commit adultery. Most of my family members have been divorced at least once... my mom has been divorced three times. My own marriage is shit. If gay people want to get married, all I can say is... why??? Shit, if that's what they really want, let them have it. They're not missing anything.

And for the record, yes I do understand that there are certain rights involved with marriage... nothing that couldn't be solved by getting government out of marriage completely and just approving civil unions instead.

3. Raven

Raven Guest

Eh I have no problem with what he said I have problem that the company sends money to those trying to fix the gay issue. One day we will look back at this the same as people tought that colored and whites should not be married, the argument was about the same.

Really let people live their lives, I promise the gays will not be the destruction of civilization some people think it will be.

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Lets just respect each other, whatever makes each of us happy.

Equality would be a good start.

Enough said.

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Chick-Fil-A's chicken nuggets beat Mickey D's to a pulp hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.