Childhood dream that affected me deeply

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Mordeci, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I am big on interpertaions of dreams unfourently I can't remember 95% of the dreams of the dreams that I have but there is one there one I had that I remember vivdliy and that affected me deeply when I was six:

I was six and it was the middle of the day my mom was pushing me in a shoping cart, with me sitting in front, but we are not in a super market, we are in the drive through of a mcdonalds. We get to the ordering sign (just a board with a voice) and my mom looks down at me and turns into a vampire like creature and bites my neck, not in a blood sucking way but in a way an attack dog goes for the juggular, blood begins pooring out and then I wake up. I only had the dream maybe three times when I was a child, but to this day it scares the hell out of me, any thoughts?

2. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Pretty vicious dream. I don't think there's a meaning to it. I can't say how it would be interpreted.

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Well there is two seprate school's of thought I got from two diffrent therpists, one is that my mother was a vampire and vampires are usually sexual in nature especially when it comes to dreams so it might have just been a very violent edpial dream, the second school is that the fact she went for the throat, means that on a subconuious level, I was gasping for air or suffocating, meaning my mother was suffocating me. Problem with both these interpertaions is that a) it ignores everything else in the dream and b) I was six so I wasn't sexually aware or old enough to realize my mother was suffocating me emotionally, so really I am back to square one but I think figuring it out is important.

4. Doxic

Doxic Member

I believe that we all know the answers to our dreams. You obviously thought of the answers you have stated here first, so I'd bet that those are right.

5. Doxic

Doxic Member

Or maybe you just feared losing her suddenly. Maybe you thought that on a normal day, in the store, or at a restaurant, you'd turn, and she wouldn't be there. This fear came through in the form of something more acceptably scary, a vampire. And the biting of the throat was that fear rising in your throat, combined with the pain that losing her would have inflicted. Just an alternative viewpoint. Many children fear losing their parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.