Choices

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Deleted SKU, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

Ok, back to the real world.

With all the stuff im dealing with right now, the last thing i want to do is get myself more stressed, or under more pressure. But the managers job where i work is open, and i'm certain i've got a decent shot at it. But i'm not sure if i can bring myself to go for it, because it is going to make things more difficult in my head. Of course, it would make everyone else here happy, mostly for the increase in money i'll be getting, but the stress of applying, going for the interview, and either dealing with the job, or the rejection of not getting it... don't know if i can cope with it. I know though i will regret it if i don't go for it, but i'll regret it too if i do. Just not sure what i should do right now.

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I think you'd regret it more if you don't go for it. How about viewing it as a luxury? Something you can but don't have to get. That should take some pressure off. I'd rather try and fail then not try at all. Besides, if they accept you I'm sure you fill all the credentials needed to do a good job, and it would be a hugely positive thing.. And you say you got a decent shot, so you do have some belief in your ability. I'd say go for it, and good luck.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

try it if you don't get it then it wasn't meant to be that all nothing abt you
    if you get it then they all believe in you so you must have what it takes right.
    go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.