Choking myself... ****TRIGGERING***

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by boo, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I never understood the pleasure one gets to auto erotic asphyxiate one self, until recently. I won't explain how i do it obviously, but i found a way to do so without blocking my airway (the trachea). At first it was to experiment, but then i found out the rush it can gives. The feeling of faintness, the tingles in my arms and the knees buckling. As crazy as it might sound, it gave me a feeling i've never felt before. Now everytime i feel shitty as hell, i just "choke" myself for 1 second. That's enough to give me that rush and feeling of being alive.

I guess now i understand why some people self harm or cut. I don't encourage anyone to do it obviously. This is just to point out how fucked up my life is. I'm just afraid one day i might just overdo it and end up whacking myself.

Am i the only one who does this?

2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

Your not the only one Boo. I do this too. I too have found a way as to not block my airway. Im sorry you do this too though. It is dangerous and I hope we can both stop someday

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

no, i do that too. it gives me a wierd feeling of security and like you said, makes me feel alive. but i cant compare it to cutting, biting or any of the others. i would never tell anyone outside of sf ^^

4. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

I do this all the time, though never in an erotic sense - for me it's always just for self harm. And I don't take any precautions to protect my airway. I cut off everything for several long seconds. It's a different feeling from cutting. Cutting grounds me when I am scared and anxious and makes me feel something, like reminding me I am alive. Choking makes me faint, like I could drift off to death at any moment. I am glad to see a thread on this, since I had never actually heard of anyone else using this method of self harm (outside of sexually), and I had always felt very alone about it.

5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i found another very wierd and absurd method that i discovered when i was 5 and have been using ever since. its a crazy rush i get. im wondering when the negative affects on my body will catch up with me

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Same here, it's more of a way to relieve my pain rather than for the erotic part. I'm glad i'm not alone (in a way) I thought i was nuts for enjoying choking myself. I just hope this doesn't turn into a forming habbit.

Without being too explicit, what is it?

7. Oloriel

Depressingly, I have definitely formed a habit of my own choking. :( I crave it. At one point I had a counselor give me explicit permission to continue cutting for a while as long as I swore to stop choking. I failed to keep that promise. ._.

Had a horrible panic attack this morning. Choked so I wouldn't have to hear my own thoughts.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Ok, i had a weird experience last night. I choked for no longer than two seconds, but this time i was lying down. A few seconds after releasing the pressure i started getting like a small seizure. My left arm and hand started shaking, violently or not i can't remember. I couldn't control it for the 3 seconds it lasted. It was all normal after that. I did get minor headache afterward. Has someone else experienced such?

9. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

ohh yeah... hot stuff...

Effects of oxygenloss are euphoric and i mild rush of adrenalin, when the brain shuts down it will relese all kinds of good stuff, a little chocking cant do so much harm, as you pass out the reflex to breath starts. Its just not for the weak-ones... But just so the kids know the chemistry behind this...

This is only my opinion as the role of a guy; id rather have a chocked woman than a cut up woman... (No offence ladys, youre still lovley either way)

And good work on the "hand job" :)

Take care

//L

10. Oloriel

This is always what happens with me when I choke. My extremities shake like a seizure for several seconds, usually sounds either go dead or fuzzy, and only occasionally do I momentarily black out. When I get that feeling, I consider it a "good" choke. >.< So I don't know if we should be worried or not that we're doing this to ourselves, but I can at least tell you that it's not a totally strange thing happening to you - I have experienced it many times.

I haven't been able to choke myself since my last (also first) suicide attempt, partly because I'm afraid and partly because my belt snapped. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop choking entirely. I know I ought to...but I crave the feeling and the numbness so much. >.<

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just cleaned up this thread. Discussion is one thing, but giving a detailed description of how to do it or encouraging anyone to try isn't allowed.

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Cute... were we encouraging anyone? really? hmmm let me check the definition of "ecouraging". Anyway, hooray for the censorship. Gotta protect the virgin minds right?

13. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

It was the post that went into explicit detail about a particular method that was absoloutely nothing to do with choking in the slightest. As far as i can see all the posts that was associated with that post got deleted so not really censorship

14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

This is funny, just saying. This is exactly the kind of "let's hide the dust under the carpet" and pretend it doesn't exist crap that keep people from being aware of the danger of choking, cutting and whatnot.
    After viewing many media coverage and interviews from the parents of the victims, the consensus is clear. Awareness is the key to prevent accidental tragedies. Kids perfom this act thinking it's just a game. Being misinformed and many have died. But what do i know. Maybe it's better to tell everyone there's no such thing as monsters? :wink:

Yes, it was a bit too graphic, no question. But she could have just edit that part out. Why did she also had to delete the part where he specifically told the guy not to do it?

15. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I think its because that post had been deleted then the other posts never made any sense

16. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Exactly. There was a post containing methods, even stating at the end, "Now you know some methods, so dont do them!! hehe" (Saying that to someone who's obviously looking for a method isnt' exactly going to deter them). I deleted that post, and then a few others that were directly connected to it because they made no sense without the initial post.

17. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you also formed a habit. Me, i don't care much about my health, but i do know everytime we choke it kills thousands of brain cells that will never regenerate. But hey, if you were to take anti-depressant or shock treatments, then the same thing also happens. I'll let you decide which one is the lesser evil :cazza: Thanks to everyone who shared their experience. Stay safe. :)

PS : For those considering this dangerous act, then This Video is a clear warning of the danger.

18. Oloriel

I am okay with this. Sometimes the rules saying that we can't discuss methods here make me a little annoyed, like I can't get the discussion I really want without having full ability to talk about my experiences, or I wish that here of all places I could just talk about the things that make me ashamed and be understood. But someone coming straight out and requesting to know how to do it made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. So I am glad it's been cleaned up, as you say.

19. Oloriel

:hug: You too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.