Choosing to stay to not hurt someone else

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mermaid 15, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Mermaid 15

Mermaid 15 New Member

I once told someone important to me that I wanted to kill myself (plan and everything) and the reasons why. They convinced me to stay for them (as it would upset them) but as time wore on they left telling me I was a useless burden and wasn't worth it. How do I build positivity in this loss?

2. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :) I can't give you the right answer but I do think you have to remember the things that you like to do, let yourself feel the reasons you are here for yourself, no one else, and then seek true support and help. I'm sorry you lost this person - but you don't need them to live. You are worth every breath. We are here to offer support and listen if you need to talk. I'm open to PMs as well. Take care of yourself and stay safe please.

-Brittany

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am glad that you are still here. Sorry to hear that the person who kept you going has now abandoned you. But you do not need them.

4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Loss? What loss? You dont need anyone who thinks you are a useless burden who isn't worth it, in your life, now, or ever. The only loss here is theirs.

I am also glad you are still here, you found this forum, you are engaging with us already and hopefully, once you get to know a few people, you will this place to be a tremendous place where you get all the help and support you need.

5. Louise K

Louise K Active Member

I agree with Sinister Kid Mermaid; they are not true friends

Chat with us here on SF; I am sure I can talk for most people on here; we're prepared to be genuine friends of yours :) (as much as you can be online)

6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi , I am Mox

I for one would like to hear more of your story. If you don't mind tell us all about you , the good , the bad , the not so good. Just let it all out, you are safe here. no one will harass you or give you a hard time.

Take Care of Yourself