Christian and suicidal

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by teddy, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy

teddy New Member

Hey
    I am a Christian. But I just keep falling in sexual sin.
    Can any other Christians help me?

I want to die. I want to kill my self for real. It seems to be the only way to stop.

I am a virgin 27 girl but yesterday I gave my boyfriend oral sex. I hate myself I want to die.
    I didn't know how to stop what happened. I'm not good at saying no and I'm scared of life.

I don't know what to do
    I self harm regularly to deal with the shame but I'm getting worse. I hide it. My boyfriend knows but dosent overly mind. It's the way I cope.

I can't look at myself in the mirror after what happened
    I want to cut my mouth and face after what happened

If we had guns in Australia i would do it but we don't have them.

What can i do? God forgives me right? I have been bought up very strict. And I know I done bad

Help
    Please
    And don't be mean I'm over sensitive

I love Jesus so much. I go to church like 3 times a week and I am ment to be good.

Please help

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I am not a practicing Christian Teddy but I do know God forgives us our sins if we repent and show real remorse.
    You gave your boyfriend felatio, so the question is: did he ask you to or did you offer to felate him freely? Either way, surely it is less serious from a Christian viewpoint than actual sex? Plus it was with your partner who you obviously love and he loves you, not a random guy you met on the street

You love Jesus so by definition Jesus obviously loves you

Sex is meant to be enjoyed in a loving consensual relationship, otherwise why did God make it so pleasurable?

Only you can answer these questions Teddy, as we all have different views on sex

tc Teddy and try not to stress out about it so much

:freehug:

3. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Teddy, thanks for coming and talking about it. It takes courage to do that :)

I'm a practicing/struggling conservative Christian, so I know where you're coming from. In fact, I was suicidal over some sexual stuff for a while.

My best advice is to find an older woman you trust from your church and confidentially talk to them about it.
    But that really depends on finding someone you trust who won't overreact. You are obviously sorry over your actions, so you don't need anyone to condemn you. You need someone to help you.
    Think it over, and see if anyone pops to mind.

From what I know of Jesus, he doesn't want you to hurt yourself.
    You'll know the story of the lady who was caught in adultery, which is worse than what you've done. When the normal religious folks were about to kill her, Jesus told them to stop, and only kill her if they had never done anything wrong.
    After they all left ( ;) ), Jesus just told the woman to "Go in peace, and sin no more."

What's been done has been done. It's water under the bridge, so don't allow it to color your decisions.

Now, if you are being pressured by your boyfriend to do things you don't want to do, immediately get some space between y'all.

If he doesn't seem concerned that you are cutting, he might not be the kind of boyfriend you want to have.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'm catholic and we put the guilt in guilt lol!

Jesus gave us one commandment "That you love one another".
    He didn't judge (judge not that yea be not judged), he recognised that humans will slip and he recognised that none of us are perfect.
    God has forgiven this slip, now you need to forgive yourself.
    I take it, it was an act of love, so seriously, where is the sin?
    Try not to be so hard on yourself and remember Christ's love is all encompassing, even for the worst of us.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I recommend getting to know our Creator through His word in prayer for enlightenment. This helps us understand Him, His ways, and His expectations of us. We also get conviction by doing this as well; which will help in our walk.
    Yahweh is forgiving, and merciful. Did you know turning to the word in prayer is part of the meaning of repentance?

All the meaning are as follows according to Hebrew and greek:
    1.Feel sorry for our rebellion to His ways
    2. Change our minds in wanting to commit rebellion to His ways.
    3. Turning to His word to know Him and His ways.
    4. Living in obedience to His ways.

You are loved and knowing Him and His love will end all fears. The right thing to do is to be married before doing these things. Marriage is an honorable union.

A man that loves and respects you will wait and will not force you to compromise your faith.

6. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

I completely understand where you're coming from. Sexual temptation is so very hard when you love someone. My husband and I struggled with it before we were married and gave into it on quite a few occasions. Looking back on it, there are things that we could have done differently to minimize the temptation and avoid giving into it. One of those is to avoid being alone together a lot. That's not to say that you need a chaperone or that you need always be around others, but just to limit the amount of time you spend alone together in private. Also, maybe find a married couple you can spend time with together who can mentor you and pray for you. Spend time with each other's families (if possible) and get to know how each of you relate to your family (and to each other's families). Find activities that you can do together where you're out in the community -- hiking, cycling, attending a concert, going to a festival, meeting up with a group of friends for dinner or an outing, etc. Another thing to do is when you are together alone, limit the amount of kissing and snuggling you do. Most sexual acts don't happen immediately with no preamble. There's almost always some kind of kissing and/or close physical contact that happens first which gets one or both people excited enough to move into overtly sexual activity. If you do start down that road and feel yourself getting excited (or realise that he's getting excited), the best thing to do is to just stop and maybe even take a breather from being alone together. Much easier said than done, I know. Believe me, I know! I would also limit or avoid alcohol as alcohol has a tendency to lower inhibitions and weaken the will. Again, I speak from personal experience here. I also understand where you're coming from as a 27 year old virgin. That was me too. I was a virgin until my husband and I married when I was 29. It is a wonderful thing and something you should be proud of yourself for holding onto that. Very few people in our modern era do that anymore and it is definitely a beautiful thing!

I want to ditto PinkiePie on the idea of finding an older woman (preferably someone who is married or a widow) who you can talk to about all of these things and who will pray for you and with you. An accountability partner can be very helpful. If you were Catholic (as I am), I would suggest making confession a regular habit and trying to get to daily Mass as often as possible. Another thing you might consider is going to church with your boyfriend on a regular basis. If he refuses to go with you, it might be a sign that you need to think about ending that relationship.

You love Jesus and guess what? He absolutely loves you. It's what this past Friday was all about. His love for all of us. It's why He allowed Himself to be put to death. And guess what else? He loves YOU so much that even if you were the ONLY person on the face of the planet, He would have still sacrificed Himself for you. I can tell that your heart is sincere and that you want to do the right thing and I think Jesus knows that too. Go to Him. Confess what you've done, ask His forgiveness, and ask His help to keep you from falling into sin again. Please don't hurt yourself. I know Jesus doesn't want you to do that. He sees that you're hurting and doesn't want you to hurt like this. From a practical point, you know that cutting yourself won't solve anything and will only make you feel worse later even if it helps temporarily. I speak from experience on this. I know it's a way of coping that works in the short term but long term it really sucks. ((((hugs))))

Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm more than happy to talk to you about this if you need a friend. Take care of yourself and hang in there, please. You are worth it!

~Ana

7. teddy

teddy New Member

Wow.

I've never posted on a forum before. Thank you
    Ummm I didn't realise it's like talking to real people. We'll you all are real.

To be honest I'm a little speechless at the amazing responses. Thank you for taking time to reply. Makes me wanna cry that people care to help a random.

I have made a disission to take your advise and accept Gods forgiveness and live for Him again no matter what happens. I do have someone I can talk to, in the church. It's just scary to admit to someone the self harm is pretty ugly and bad and secret. It's hard to admit it out loud.

If I'm very honest I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts for a while.
    It's crazy how we can pretend so well.
    Yet when my meds wears off at night I cry and cry.

It's not all what I did. Maybe it's a wake up call though.

Thank you for taking the time to help. You all did . If you don't mind I might keep the replays close and refer to them if I get down.

Blessings friends
    C u for real one day

8. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I want to say that I'm proud of you for making that decision :)
    And you are realizing what's going on. Don't stop here, even though it's scary. Keep going towards help.

I can second the fear of telling people. I tried telling my parents about my suicidal thoughts, and I still haven't got to actually mentioning suicide. But I took a first step. Now they know that I've been very depressed, and they are taking it far better than I ever dreamed :)

I know I can speak for everyone, in that we're fine with it if you print out all our response and keep them for the rest of your long and happy life :D

9. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Each and every one of you is a unique and beautiful being, unique and precious beyond compare, loved and protected far more than you will ever be able to imagine. Regardless of what kind of lowly position in life you may at present occupy, a high and holy destiny awaits each one of you, so do not allow anyone to convince you that you are nothing but a miserable worm and a sinner before Me. That just is not true and regardless of what anyone may say, you are nothing of the kind. As My beloved child, you are a student and a learner in the vast academy of life I designed for all of you, no more and no less.

10. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

We're glad you are here. The clergy person in your faith can help, I think. Nearly all Christian churches believe that Christ is able to forgive sins. If there is a confession or a purity requirement, it may be best to attend to it right away. And again, a pastor or minister can often help--you did not state having reasons to distrust the ministers at the church you go to. Actually, Christian clergy often help non-Christians, so I think they will help you.

11. Aquarius123

Dear Teddy – it sounds to me that you are a particularly highly sexed person. Nothing wrong with that – many of us are. Has it ever occurred to you that your strong sexual drive could be a special gift the Universal Life Force has bestowed upon you and that it is by no means some kind of a curse to make your life difficult? Could your strong sex drive have been given to you express, explore and also enjoy the creative/sexual/spiritual energies of the Universe? In my view, you would be well advised to make a special effort to channel them into creative outlets through your own field of endeavours and experiences. This will create opportunities for you to learn how to use these energies for good purposes and may in the fullness of time lead you to creating some truly inspired works of art. Who know?

You are responsible for yourself and the life that has been given to you. You are in charge and need to transmute the creative/sexual/spiritual energies at your disposal into something positive and constructive in your life, instead of allowing your present lifetime to be destroyed by them. Because the Universe loves you, the same as it loves all of us, that is not what it has in mind for you, of that I am sure.

As a Christian you may be afraid of astrology. However, if you belong to the more enlightened ones who appreciate that everything that is in our world is there by the will of God because no force exists outside it, to be used either for good and positive or bad and negative purposes. If you would like to find a better understanding of the pathway through your present lifetime, in my view you could do nothing better than studying my interpretations of the Sun signs. If that sounds interesting, please follow the link below:

If you type Control Key + F, it will bring you a search-box. Type your Sun sign into it and proceed from there.

With love and light,
    Aquarius

12. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

The message of the Bible is simple. We live in the midst of deception. Led astray by fallen angels who rebelled in the heavens. Our whole world is in rebellion due to the actions of these, "angels, "and they tempt us continually to rebel against our (believers), Savior.

But our Redeemer made a plan to save us from their cruel intentions. He revealed Himself to mankind and provided the Holy instructions on how to live a holy set apart life. His instructions lead to life, and later they became the walking, taking, WORD. He came as an example to show how we are to live, love, and survive in this dark world. He gave up His life so that we can enter into a promise of a life in obedience, and so that we can live in the new unadulterated world to come. He shows us that even death has no lasting effect on us by the power, grace, and love of our heavenly Farther.

The only shame we feel is by the conviction and revelation of what righteousness truly is. It exposes the dark rebellion we are lead to participate in. We are not lowly worms, but a chosen people out of a doomed diseased world. Chosen and given a choice to live forever in a perfect one.

This is what the Bible truly teaches.

I don't understand who you are trying to claim to be, but it isn't the Mighty One that we believe in. I know this for a fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  13. Aquarius123

There are as many names for the Great Light and its offspring, the tiny spark of Divinity in every human heart and soul, as there are religions and philosophies in our world. To Christianity it is known as the Christ Spirit and for simplicity’s sake, this is the name I am using throughout my writings. Bearing in mind that each one of us is a child of the Great White Spirit, the Universal Christ, would you agree that by definition we are all Christians? I believe that irrespective of how far any soul has thus far got on its evolutionary pathway, the true Kingdom of God is in every heart and soul. And it does not matter one iota which faith we have followed in any of our lifetimes or whether during our present one we never set foot inside any place of worship or not.

The Jesus legend in the gospel of St. Thomas 113 tells us: ‘His disciples said to Jesus: ‘When will the Kingdom come?’ He replied: ‘It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said: ‘Look, here!’ or ‘Look, there!’ Rather, the Father’s Kingdom is spread out upon the Earth, and people don’t see it.’ It is just because God’s Kingdom is the whole Earth and everything it contains, for a very long time humankind has been unable to find it, in spite of the fact St. Luke 17:20-21 in the Bible told us: ‘When some of the Pharisees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God would come, he answered: ‘The Kingdom of God does not come by observation. Neither will they say: ‘Behold it is there!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is within you.’

Thanks be to God and the Angels that by now many are aware that the Kingdom of God is here, there and everywhere and that, as all life is imbued with the life force – although unbeknown to humankind for a very long time – every part of it is sacred and holy. Every heart and soul contains, if only in seed form, the Divine spark that is all loving and all good – that is the kingdom of God. The Christ Spirit spoke and taught us and our world two thousand years ago through the legend of the Master Jesus and the miracles that were worked through him, not by him. St. John 7:16 confirms this: ‘My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.’ This same Holy one is now ready to be called upon to do the same through each and every one of us.

14. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I speak by the Holy spirit of Yahweh the Father of The Messiah. I made it my life's career to know the scripture and the doctrines it holds. There is no, "universal Christ spirit," that accepts all religions and practices.

You claim to take all religions and roll them into one. You even practice witchcraft through worshipping the heavenly host (sun, moon, stars). You are not a Christian nor are you even aware of what scripture teaches. You quote it in ignorance of what it, scripture, is actually saying.

We are warned of false prophets and you are one by the twisting of words you produce and encourage with. Enlightenment comes from One source, and you do not have it. So save your breath because your doctrines of evil will not sway a believer of the word. I will make sure of it and I will expose what you say at every turn.

In your own post you can claim all you want. I give you your space. But this post is for Bible believers. Those who do not add or subtract from the book of life. If we want to worship anything else we would come to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  15. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

s new roman]There are as many names for the Great Light and its offspring, the tiny spark of Divinity in every human heart and soul, as there are religions and philosophies in our world. To Christianity it is known as the Christ Spirit and for simplicity’s sake, this is the name I am using throughout my writings. Bearing in mind that each one of us is a child of the Great White Spirit, the Universal Christ, would you agree that by definition we are all Christians? I believe that irrespective of how far any soul has thus far got on its evolutionary pathway, the true Kingdom of God is in every heart and soul. And it does not matter one iota which faith we have followed in any of our lifetimes or whether during our present one we never set foot inside any place of worship or not.

The Jesus legend in the gospel of St. Thomas 113 tells us: ‘His disciples said to Jesus: ‘When will the Kingdom come?’ He replied: ‘It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said: ‘Look, here!’ or ‘Look, there!’ Rather, the Father’s Kingdom is spread out upon the Earth, and people don’t see it.’ It is just because God’s Kingdom is the whole Earth and everything it contains, for a very long time humankind has been unable to find it, in spite of the fact St. Luke 17:20-21 in the Bible told us: ‘When some of the Pharisees asked Jesus when the kingdom of God would come, he answered: ‘The Kingdom of God does not come by observation. Neither will they say: ‘Behold it is there!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is within you.’

Thanks be to God and the Angels that by now many are aware that the Kingdom of God is here, there and everywhere and that, as all life is imbued with the life force – although unbeknown to humankind for a very long time – every part of it is sacred and holy. Every heart and soul contains, if only in seed form, the Divine spark that is all loving and all good – that is the kingdom of God. The Christ Spirit spoke and taught us and our world two thousand years ago through the legend of the Master Jesus and the miracles that were worked through him, not by him. St. John 7:16 confirms this: ‘My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.’ This same Holy one is now ready to be called upon to do the same through each and every one of us. [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/QUOTE]

No you are not a Christian; not by the scriptures we hold as truth. The message is to:

Mt 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Repent means to leave meaningless beliefs and practices and to return to Yahweh's saving instructions. To be baptised in the promise of obedience from that moment on rejecting all rebellion (sin) listed in the word of instruction (Bible).

Mt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, יהוה shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

16. Aquarius123

God bless you, dear Daphna, and keep you safe, always.

With love - Aquarius

:hug:

17. Aquarius123

For me, the surest and safest way of avoiding the depression trap is becoming aware that we all have everything in us, the very best and the worst. Some good is therefore in everybody and to find it, all we have to do is look for it. This helps us to become more tolerant towards ourselves and others, because it enables us to make a conscious effort at focussing our full attention on the most positive aspects of all the people we meet.

The finest gift the Universe can bestow upon us any one of us surely is an open mind and a good dose of tolerance. Whenever people who possess this, disagree about something, they are likely to make peace instead of war through a mutual willingness to listen to each other’s point of view. And even if in the end they agree to disagree, so what? Both participants will benefit in any case, as their friendship in this process is sure to grow stronger, more reliable and mature.

18. KittyKatz

KittyKatz New Member

Because I will be 59 come August 13, I can say that life is full of ups and downs, and my faith in God is the only thing that has ever been completely trustworthy. I began life in a house full of love and Christian values. I learned to pray at a very early age, believing, with all my heart, that God loves me and wants to hear from me, daily. He still does, to this day. No matter the magnitude of my sins, I have never felt too ashamed to talk with Him, through Jesus' name. I have come to believe that God made sure that we would be able to read the Bible, and that He saw to it because He knew we needed an Instruction Manual from our Creator.
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    If one professes to believe in God, this first sentence should tell you that the universe is God's creation, and, therefore, it is GOOD.
    14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
    I discovered "Linda Goodman's Sun Signs" at the age of 16, when my life was beginning to spiral out of control. I learned enough about my Leo traits to gain a new insight into why I feel the way I do about things. My father died of a heart attack at 39, when I was not yet 10 years old. He was a sharecropper's son, the youngest of 10 children. Our family trusted that the almanac was simply another gift from God, sent to us to help farmers know, from the positions of the stars, when to plant in our section of the world in order to reap the best crops. It used the symbols of the zodiac to let us know where the signs were, in relation to our own bodies, as well, so our general health and well-being also came from studying the heavens, and the signs God made sure He mentioned in the very beginning. To anyone who may think astrology is evil, I can only say that I interpret the first line in the Bible as proof it is not. As to this thread, I reply that, as a firm life-long believer in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, that, rather than thinking of myself as being suicidal as defined by the "mental health professionals", I often beg God to just let me come Home to Him. Sometimes, the evilness in this world is just too overwhelming, and I find myself crying because I not only see the evil in others' hearts, but the evil in my own, and feel helpless to overcome it. God never falters. He never changes. He certainly makes no mistakes. I know I am here by His will, not mine. I accept that He created me for His purpose, and that I am merely human and need His love and strength to serve His purpose here. That is all. No more, no less. To actually kill myself would break one of the Ten Commandments He gave Moses to share with us, but I know that Christ died for ALL of my sins, and, therefore, my faith dictates that even suicide will be forgiven. I simply cannot bring myself to harm myself out of my intense fear of pain...mine and those who love me on this earth. I believe that suicide is the ultimate self-centered act, and puts me in control over God, Who works with a much bigger clock than I can fathom. I have witnessed the power of prayer, as well as thanked Him for unanswered ones. Jesus once told a woman "Your faith has healed you..." When I pray, I believe that God hears me, and can fix anything. I turn it over to Him, and have peace in knowing that it will be taken care of, in His way, not mine.
    When I say my bedtime prayers this morning, I will ask that He wrap all of the people who come here for help in His loving arms, and that I can help, in some way, to bring His lost sheep to Him, in Jesus' name.
    Much love to you all,
    Kitty

19. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Sexual sin plagues all Christians in one form or another at some point in their life. We all have to come to terms with it and it can be so hard to do unless we have someone knowledgeable about what the Bible teaches to talk to. Some of the early responses in this thread are wonderful and helpful and I'm glad you are open to doing what has been suggested. I have put you on my prayer list and I will pray for you. My encouragement to you is to ask you to read your Bible everyday, even if you read only a verse or two. If you are willing to read it out loud, you will find a whole new, uplifting experience when doing so.

(Romans 10:17 KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

:hugs:

20. Aquarius123

Dear Kitty - To me, astrology is but one branch on the mighty tree of knowledge and wisdom. I believe that when our world was created, the Divine science was included in its grand design so that in some distant future it could be used by God’s children of the Earth as a tool for finding a greater understanding of many things and especially of themselves. Our Creator’s foresight and wisdom decreed that when our race had spiritually matured sufficiently, one by one every soul would be drawn back home into the awareness of its true nature.

The God or Highest Self in every soul has been waiting for a very long time to come fully awake and take up its role as inner teacher and act as the long promised comforter. That indeed is happening at present and every one of God’s children of the Earth is welcome to discover for itself that astrology is a very special branch on the tree of knowledge. Every aspect of it contains deep hidden esoteric meanings that grow in significance the more the spiritual development of each soul advances.

All along God and the Angels knew that the time would come on the Earth plane when ever more souls would be ready to be initiated into the mysteries of the art of reading and interpreting the signs they so clearly wrote into the heavens. They knew it would take a long time before humankind would be able to recognise that the lights in the sky above them are meant to be used as a valuable lifehelp and tool for self-knowledge and awareness. And that’s precisely the evolutionary phase many souls are reaching, now.

Recommended Reading:
    ‘The Great Year And The Ages Of Man’

From ‘Let There Be Light In The Firmaments’

With love - Aquarius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.