Christians here ?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Emo, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emo

Emo Account Closed

I wanted to know if there are any Christians here ?
    Also wanted to know what are your views on suicide would God forgive you if you killed yourself or is it a sin to do it ?

Also wanted to know do you think about God when you are feeling suicidal ?

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Far too many, mostly self righteous and some brainwashed.

3. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

TROLL!!!!

If disagreeing with atheism or believing in an unscientific principle is being self righteous then it would mean everyone else is narrow minded and fundamentalist.

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't think the bible explicitly states anywhere that you'll burn in hell for suicide, so I think it's one of those "choose your own view" things among christians.

Some say you will, some say you won't. No truly clear answer.

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Jota are you just on SF to insult people? That's all I ever see from you. Just because somebody is asking about their religion it doesn't make them a troll. The only troll I'm seeing here is you.

As for the original question.. yes there are other christian's here... and I'm sure they would love to answer your questions. I'm personally not though.

6. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

I was raised as a one but i don't care about religion but i do respect others opinion about them.If religion helps to live with respect towards others then there's nothing wrong with it.

Just my Thought on the subject;
    "You shall not murder" that's one of the 10 Commandments so i guess you could say by taking your own life you're murdering yourself so it's something you shouldn't do according to that religion.

Will God forgive you if you do ? That's complicated i guess. God forgives you if you confess and repent for your sins ( at least that's what i think the bible said?). But can you confess/repent for your sins when your dead ?

I think it's a subject you could discuss about untill judgement day (sorry couldn't resist to say it like that :biggrin:)

7. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

The way the question was formulated sounds like flame bait. Are you sure it isnt.... before saying that I am insulting anyone? If its genuine then Im sure the OP will forgive me!

BTW why not consider that calling all christian SF users "righteous and brainwashed" as far more insulting than calling someone a TROLL which is a word that is widely used in all forums and nobody feels insulted.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Are you sure it is? You might wanna take your own advice before pointing fingers at people and accusing people of being trolls. I dont see how you can jump to the conclusion by the questions that was asked...seems like a genuine question to me.

9. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I agree with you Josh..

I am a christian and God forgives all sin. So if suicide is a sin I think He would forgive. And sometimes yes i do think about God when I am feeling suicidal

10. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

BTW I never called anybody righteous and brainwashed. Maybe if you would stop trying to point out what is wrong about what everybody says on every post you make then you would have noticed that. Now... this has nothing to do with what the OP originally asked so how about we just drop this and get back on subject. You "wimp" that's what you called somebody else on another post when they were being sensitive am I right? Now move along and let the OP get their questions answered without your pointless input on the matter.

11. Emo

Emo Account Closed

No , am not a troll , I just wanted to know what people thought
    Am Christian myself , but when am suicidal i never seem to think about God and what will happen to me if i do kill myself.
    I guess that maybe your mind is to busy with dealing with the pain of depression that you dont seek God for help
    I know that i dont when am in pain but i am got to start looking to God and Jesus when am feeling like this maybe i will find comfort in him and help deal with what is going on better.

12. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

No you did not but that comment is far more insulting than mine yet you did not make an observation about it, pick and choose?

And no I did not call anyone a wimp, I implied that they wanted a wimp by the description of what their ideal male would be like. Slightly/hugely different.

And getting back to the Ops post yes according to our beliefs it is a sin to commit suicide, I think everyone knows that. Will you be forgiven? According to the bible probably not. would It stop me from suicide, probably not.

Do you want to question me about this post or any other, send me a private message or start a new anti Jota thread lol, I dont think people want to read about it here and it has nothing to do with this subject.

13. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

The Op has said he was not flame baiting leave it at that.

14. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Listen guys, all this is ruining the point of this thread!

Anyways... to the original poster, if you need to talk feel free to PM me. :hug: don't listen to this person ok? Hang in there.

15. 1izombie

very well, as I dont wanna highjack this thread but I hope this will make you think before you jump to conclusions in the future.

As to the OP's question, from my experience with christianity, the over whelming opinion that has been expressed to me, is that god is a forgiving being and would forgive you, although there are some that say suicide is a sin, but that is a minority opinion in my experience. I given up christianity and religion for years now so maybe not the best person to speak to this.

16. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

If God is life and pro life when you commit suicide you are going against gods will because you are willingly/forcefully ending something that is considered sacred, life! yes or no?

17. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Strictly yes Joao, but I believe that God is forgiving...I tend to think we'll ultimately be judged on our actions - if you're a good person to others but commit suicide, I like to think that God is understanding.

18. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

I would like to think so but I dont know if that is just wishful thinking, taking liberty or layman's ignorance on the subject. But if God is life and God is forgiveness then which prevails? To repent you have to be alive.

19. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Not if you believe in a form of afterlife

20. 1izombie

I'm the wrong person to be asking... i dont believe in god so I would say the whole question is irrelevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.