Christmas Break=Depression

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Relentless, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Alright so I was excited to get out of school for Christmas break meant no school for a while and I was happy. But now I am starting to realize how much I hate life, I have not been out of my house this whole time except to go to relatives for Christmas. I really do not have 1 true friend I have not hung out with someone for possible 1 year. I have not had a girlfriend since like 6th grade and it was those immature relationships where you have your friends talk to her.

But anyways I really think I might take my life I mean why live and be miserable the rest of my life, I have a shotgun in my closet and I might just put it to use. I am scared for my future I suck at school I will probably not graduate and have to stay in my parents house for a long time till I get a crappy job making no money because I don't have a diploma. Then I will be single the rest of my life with no friends no girlfriend no wife just me myself and I. So why go through all that when I could end the suffering right here and now?

Also I have told my mom about my issues my anxiety my no friends my loneliness and she said she would try and help me but she just forgets about it and goes on like I never said anything. I have even said I would kill myself she just laughs and never takes it serious even though I am just trying to cry out for help from someone.

Please someone help comfort me :sad:

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

This can be a tough age. Don't compare yourself to others in terms of whether or not you have had a gf. It will happen eventually. And grades don't mean much in the real world. My husband's great-grandfather had no education and built a multi-million-dollar company from the ground up because he did what he loved to do. When you find your calling, something you really love to do, money doesn't matter because you are fulfilling your dream. That's why there are artists and musicians who are barely making ends meet but who are happier than most millionaires. Hang in there and don't do anything drastic. I know where you are coming from with your Mom. No parent ever thinks their child will hurt themselves. She is probably just thinking you are having normal teenage depression. It's not that she doesn't care. :hug: Be safe and take care of yourself.

3. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

So sorry that your mom doesn't get it...
    You've got a very bleak outlook toward your future. Why don't you think you'll graduate? Even if you don't graduate, it doesn't mean your entire life is going to suck. There are a lot of jobs you can get without a diploma that pay better than most jobs that require college. And even if you're not getting paid a lot, you could probably still afford a place of your own if you wanted. It might not be gorgeous, but you could probably get a place.
    As for friends and a girlfriend, let them come as they will. Just be yourself and be nice to people. There are some awesome people out there, they just can be hard to find.
    Rae

4. Morsketch

Morsketch New Member

I guess I can't help much outside of commiseration. I know how you feel. All I seem capable of doing is getting by just a little longer...

I guess my only suggestion would be to join a club. You don't have to like what the club's about. Just join it and do your damnedest to be personable when someone talks to you.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear that your mom is not being very supportive of you at this time. Maybe you need to set her down and talk with her again. Really talk with her. Make her listen to what you have to say. As was mentioned above, join some clubs or something to meet new people.There may be just the right person out there for you. Give yourself the time to find what you seek. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.