Christmas Dinner

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by vis781, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vis781

vis781 Member

So...amongst the feelings i'm trying desperately to avoid ( we all know what they are ) I felt I owe myself a proper Christmas dinner. So after my usual 3 hours of sleep I set about getting ready. 1 Bottle of wine and 5 hours in the kitchen later and I ended up with what was the best bloody Christmas dinner I've ever had. You know one of those times when everything seems to go right? Well as far as cooking is concerned anyway! So after eating I sat back and thought isn't it just typical that in the midsts of suicidal feelings, a profound sense of unhappyness and lonleyness I cook up a cracker of a meal and there's no bugger here to enjoy it with me. What I can't figure out at the moment is whether or not I'm more pleased with how dinner went or depressed that there's no one here to enjoy it with.

Oh well, bit of a random post I know... but... I haven't got anyone else to talk too :)

Merry Christmas everyone. A fleeting moment of cheer from me i'm sure, but enjoying it whilst it lasts.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun wish i could be there to enjoy your meal with you Im glad you did something special for you hun Merry Christmas hun i am just starting to prepare our meal for Christmas is today
    Snowed finally today so a white Christmas it is. Hugs to you

3. vis781

vis781 Member

Thanks! You got snow!?!! No fair, I've never seen a white christmas, that's UK weather for you! Hope you cook up a storm in the kitchen, I'm sure it'll be lovely :)

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

that sounds wonderful, vis781. yes, much snow here in Canada. I am in Alberta province and it is bitter freezing cold right now. I envy your more temperate climate at the moment. :)

5. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

White Christmases aren't all they're cracked up to be, especially after you've live through 50 of them and it's five degrees outside. But yes, I agree everyone should have the opportunity to experience a fresh blanket of white snow on a Christmas morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.