Christmas Eve Cafe

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Good morning everyone!

There are fresh candy cane cookies, pies and treats for all. Coffee is brewing!

this is place to come to if you want to talk about anything other than suicide or depression!
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There better be some hot chocolate too!!! :p Merry Christmas.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm really tired but I have to get up due to the party.

Plus no sexybox while family is over cuz I tend to be an aggressive player. D:
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Sure there is. WOuld you like marshmellows?
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

One of my housemates is missing. The police searched my apartment. My cat is terrified of strangers and was... CATatonic after the police finished. He needed a good amount of coaxing before he'd even move after that, and he's qquite spookable now.

In other news, I still haven't accessed eggnog, and I now need to do lots of stomach/back exercises per my doctor's orders. I'm considering going to the store to buy something special to eat tomorrow, should at least make it a SOMEWHAT special day, but I probably won't since nothing's coming to mind. Well, maybe cheddar cheese so I can make grilled cheese sandwiches... But I'm bad at cooking those. :(
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Hope they find him.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I prayed for him.

And sorry about your kitty. I know how they can get scared. What about getting a turkey loaf Aoeu? That and maybe a baked potato.
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I don't actually know which of my housemates is missing. It's probably nothing, it usually is. Lord knows I fantasized for years about running away over Christmas.

I'm not a fan of holiday fare. I'm not a fan of holidays that have particular fares... But I still feel I should at least eat something special - and it's a bit more difficult since I've gone vegetarian and most anything I'd ever get at a restaurant has meat, so I'd have to cook it myself (and I'm not a very capable cook.)
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Oops, scratch the turkey loaf then. My bad! lol
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm sure we can give you a step by step if you decide what you'd like to make!
    If you wanted to go to a restaurant; wouldn't you be able to request no meat on your plate as well?

A garden salad and sweet potato fries sounds delish to me! <3
  11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I could probably survive a whole day on nothing but pumpkin pie!
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Ooh, pumpkin pie, there's an idea. I haven't had any in a year.

And no, even with very straightforward instructions I can and will destroy any dish I prepare... Usually takes 3-4 tries >_<
  13. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

aww noo! >.<
    So I'm guessing you're the type they say "could burn a pot of boiling water"?

There are always the pre-made comfort foods that you could get for yourself~ pumpkin pie is a good start! ;D
    How about a cold sandwich and plain chips/crisps?

If I could, I'd mail you some of the turkey I'm being forced to make today! XD
  14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, no, boiling water is one of the few things I can handle... I can even do pasta without instructions. But then you add the soup ingredients and -damnit- that was actually a tablespoon not a teaspoon and OH MY GOD SMOKE DETECTOR IS GOING OFF and oh shit now I'm bleeding, stupid friggin' bell pepper (that incident actually produced the best chili so far, but at a price, and the general consensus is that it was still vegan, if not something I should serve to guests), and what on earth is zest?!

I like things I can make in the pressure cooker because I at least can't screw up the cooking itself. As long as you do the mixing right, and there's no pressure because nothing's heating yet, then you just stick it in, seal it up, and wait the prescribed time - the fact that it cooks really quickly is another bonus!

I was hoping to get eggnog but the grocery store next to my place doesn't carry it. :(
  15. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Ah this sounds like a food thread, just the thing I like to think about talk about dream about!

I don't know yet what I'm having for Christmas dinner as for once I'm going OUT FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER. No dishes to clear up, no leftovers to rack the brains wondering what to do with them for the umpteenth time, no mess.

What's everyone else having for Christmas dinner?
  16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

We are going to my inlaws tomorrow and we are having ham.

That brought up a debate between my mother in law and sister in law. My mother in law always made a mustard glaze to put on the ham. I hate mustard with such a passion, that if I could go back in time and find that sob that first thought using a mustard seed as a food source, I would.....

Anyway...the ham my sister in law is getting is pre glazed with a nice honey glaze on it. Yummy!

My mother in law accused her of doing it "Just for one person" me! So yeah...tomorrow could be interesting. lol

And all of that, without booze!
  17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

HAH! I figured it out! The problem with Christmas! The large, stressful family gatherings are alcohol-free because those families are puritanical! We need everyone tipsy or flat-out drunk, seriously. It worked well at my aunt's wedding, which should have been tense as hell because of the family politics (gay wedding...)

I saw veggie burgers, I might get a pack of those. I've never had them, but they can't be that bad?.. And perogies. Veggie burgers and perogies and my adorable kitty = Christmas? Better than LARGE QUANTITIES OF SOBER FAMILY = Christmas.

(Oh, and the woman who went missing was not one of the three people I've vaguely threatened (fueled by frustration) to violently murder, so.... that's good.)
  18. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am a little nervous about tonight. I havent played drums in a band in front of wife since before we were married! lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.