Christmas is getting me down

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Christmas is getting me down and wanting to check out. My mother died in September. She was my main hold on staying alive. Now here I am really facing how alone I am. For myself Christmas will ever be the same. It came too soon after my mother's death.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. It gets me down too because I'm not able to be with my family anymore on Christmas. It's a 6 hour drive and I don't feel safe driving that far with my mental condition. I haven't seen them in over two years.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh dear I cannot put into words how sorry I feel for you right now. It must be a nightmare but think of it this way would she have wanted you to have a sad and empty christmas? I'm sure she wouldn't...I don't know what else to say but if you need anything we're right here for you.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I had the same thing when my dad died.
    He died in the October and no one felt much like celebrating, so me, my son and my mum had a very low key and quiet Christmas which felt easier to handle than the usual family mayhem.
    I hope you can enjoy at least a peaceful Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.