Christmas movies...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryW

SF Supporter
Is Die Hard a Christmas film or not?
I believe that any movie you watch ritualistically on Christmas is a Christmas film. The movie does not need to contain any reference to or acknowledgement of the holiday. So to answer your question: for me, no, for others, yes.

MarkahMalady

Rare exports is my favorite Christmas movie! It's on the spooky side but not full on scary. There's a few choice mullets of Swedish origin. The only downside is there's a few naked old guys, but they're supposed to be creepy/gross so it makes sense.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I believe that any movie you watch ritualistically on Christmas is a Christmas film. The movie does not need to contain any reference to or acknowledgement of the holiday. So to answer your question: for me, no, for others, yes.
I guess that’s the whole debate. It does have references to Christmas but is not necessarily christmassy. It’s set on Xmas eve but not overly xmassy.

This debate has been going on for year in my house and we still have differing opinions.

So if anyone else has a view, let’s hear it.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Though I have no one to spend it with anymore, I still love Christmas movies and Christmas music.
My favorites are...
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Miracle on 34th Street (the older version with Natalie Wood)
  • Scrooged (Bill Murray, funny)
  • Christmas Vacation
Merry Christmas everyone!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just watched 'A Christmas Prince' on Netflix. It was really good with an awesome unpredictable story line. Thanks for the recommendations. Might watch Miracle on 34th street later today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00