Christmas No. 1

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Ignored, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

What do you reckon... Rage Against the Machine or Joe?

Personally hate both... but reading the lyrics for RAtM, I think I'd rather have the insipid Joe track, even though hate the cynicism of X Factor.

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Rage against the machine ftw! have always loved that tune ^_^

3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Joe. He deserves it and can actually sing, as opposed to Rage Against the Machines screaming. Plus when they were asked to sing their single on the radio they left all the swear words in, and this was in the morning, so not even after the 9PM watershed.

The Rage Against the Machine fans who are joining that Facebook group are actually annoying me no end. They think they're so cool and kickass for rebelling against the X Factor and having their silly plight in the papers. :dry:

I get that it's annoying that the X Factor winner often gets the Christmas No. 1 spot, but this year it's different. Joe deserves it this year; he's actually good. I'm willing to bet a fair few of those supporting Rage Against the Machine for Christmas No. 1 don't even like the song; they just want to rebel against the X Factor and be in with the action. Arrgh, it's pisses me off.

4. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

They should've seen that coming.

It's not RATM's best song but I'd rather hear that than another terrible talent show winner. If they do get to number 1 then that could be the end of x-factor winner's career. These people normally fade into obscurity after the first single, which usually performs quite well because of the show's success.

Why did that facebook group pick Killing In The Name Of? They could've picked anything.

5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

It may be that the presenters hadn't heard the song before. Though I agree, they should have seen it coming, but then RATM should have known better too.

To be honest, I don't really see why who becomes Christmas No. 1 really matters in the end anyway. Obviously it matters to the artist in terms of record sales, but at the end of the day, people will buy what they want to hear, and if the majority want to hear the X Factor winner, then why try ruin it and the persons career just because of a dislike for a television show? If a bunch of people genuinely wanted to buy RATM this Christmas and they got the number 1 spot that way, then that is fair enough. But to have some kind of revolt and plan to out-do the X Factor winner sounds just calculated and spiteful, to me. I'm no hater of RATM, but this whole Christmas No. 1 thing has really gotten out of hand.

I've no idea why they chose that song; they have better. :sad:

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

OMG RATM is the Number 1

:faint:

7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think they chose that song cos the lyrics go on about not letting people tell you what to do/think. I suppose the idea is that we follow like sheep and buy the X Factor single every year (which is true generally). Feel a bit sorry for Joe but it shouldn't be a given that X Factor means Christmas no 1. And it's a shit song.

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I love Rage! I used to jump around to Killing In The Name Of when I first started going clubbing.
    Now as much as I bloody enjoyed the X Factor I agree with the reasons behind the fans doing it. Why does some dumbass cover of a song we've already - frankly - heard enough of when Miley Cyrus did it anyway, automatically have to go to number one? It's annoying and pretty pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.