Christmas thread 2009

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Abacus21, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Morning folks!

I brought this idea up in chat earlier tonight, and people seemed like they wanted to run with it, so here it is.. We also have had a couple of these over the last couple of years in the staff room, and they've been a hit - so let's give it a shot with all you lot then :tongue:

Welcome to the 2009 Christmas Thread!

-goes out and buys a new tree, some tinsel, table, chairs and a stereo-

-comes back in and sets up the tree in the corner, the table and chairs for the buffet, the stereo for music-

There's also a bar with many different beers, soft drinks and snacks - all for free too ;)

See if you can outdo us in the staff - a couple of years ago the staff room was wrecked for a few days, due to us falling over into the walls and crashing into other bits of the forum - Artisic Creations had to have a new wall put in ... Wasn't pretty.

-puts this on the stereo-

Anyway! Enjoy the three weeks of randomness, and have some fun! :biggrin: :santa: :biggrin:
  2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: u have a crush on johnny depp....hes mine :laugh: :tongue:
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

-throws some tinsel around and turns the music up-

Come on people it's NEARLY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Wow. Do you know what I want for Christmas? A really, really good Chinese food take out dinner. Wow. I've been craving it for so long and I just love it. I want a variety of different stuff from the menu. General Tso's Chicken, Vegetable Lo Mein, Szechuan Beef, Hunan Shrimp and Hunan Chicken, Spicy Triple Delight, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and cheese steak subs with onions and peppers and lettuce and tomatoes, the Chicken and Broccoli, Shrimp Fried Wow. That's what I want. A huge sampler with a lot of everything.
  5. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

I am not expecting alot fo Christmas this year, the holidays kinda fell apart since my parents got divorced, at most I may have dinner a few days before with my friends.

My birthday is the 21st, not expecting alot for that either.
    At most I am saving up to buy myself a PS3
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

My place is all lit up with lights Daughter went overkill put up tree lights, inside,outside everywhere every type of light I guess because she knew she was going into rehab and wanted place look all Christmassy She had fun doing it I hope she stays well so she can get home for christmas
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

-Changes Joes's dodgy music to this. :tongue:

-Helps myself to a large Cosmopolitan from the bar.

-Puts a few presents under the tree. :stars:

-Enjoys another cosmo whilst listening to this & wondering when the party starts :unsure:?
  8. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Shakin' Stevens???? No wonder the party isn't kicking off :biggrin:

:dusts off some old vinyls and looks around for a record player:

Love the Irn Bru ad though!

:pokes and prods a few presents:

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I'll have some of that spiced mulled wine to start thanks barman Joe, just put it there while I string up a few more threads of flashing coloured lights and sling a bit more tinsel around the place. Oh and mustn't forget the mistletoe over the door!

That's where I'll be hanging out. :lips:
  9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: It was Shakin' Stevens or Cliff Richard lol, anything's better than Mariah Scarey.

How about this? Not exactly party but I like it all the same.

-On 3rd cosmo now, just spied the advent calendar :smile:. Guarding the Christmas tree :whip: so Tam can't feel the presents.
  10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Christmas is driving me INSANE this year.

I keep waffling on the lappy I have to order, and at this rate I'll be lucky if it gets here by mid January.

We don't have a tree and it doesn't seem like we'll do one. We didn't last year for the first time in my life.

Was supposed to go shopping today but I fell asleep until 10 pm!

I also don't want to see my cousins. Loud and obnoxious bunch, they are.
  11. Blanca

Blanca Well-Known Member

12. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

:grabs a cozy chair by the fire and a big bottle of strawberry zinfidel:
    I made a whole bunch of sugar cookies with sprinkles....mmmmm sprinkles...

:changes the music: :) <--

:grabs a present....shakes it really hard: ....hmmmm socks ...coool all my socks have holes in them...
  13. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I'm so excited to receive my gifts!
  14. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

So I'm crashing the party with some chanukah lights...:laugh:

It is amazing how those candles can fire up the place...

We're up to the 3rd night of eight -

Lets see... me and my 7 kids all lighting 3 nights plus the shamash(helper light) 4 x 8 = 32 candles in my living room right now...

I joined SF last year during chanukah...funny huh!
  15. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

uh... yh.. cant w8.
  16. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

-puts all the pressents shes done for everyone under the tree and sits by the fire curled up in a blanket with a sex on the beach cocktail-
  17. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

18. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

It has been snowing today, streets filled with snow, car hood filled with snow, then the sky turned blue and it stopped, now there's white mug all over the place melting.... How depressing.....
  19. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Like hell they're putting the Christmas tree in my computer nook!
  20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

There's still no eggnog in the grocery store next to my house! :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.