chronic lifetime depression

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by EmptyLife, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i'm horrendously depressed.
    it hurts me when i don't get responses to my post.
    i've been in bed all day.
    how can anyone take chronic mental illness torture, day after day, for 30 or 40 years? i can't take the loneliness.
    never a boyfriend, no hugs, no accomplishments, nothing to live for.

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry Emptylife. I don't know how anyone can take that. All I can say is that it takes strength, depression is one of the worst things that can happen to a person. Do you think there's any root cause, something from early on in your life perhaps?
    Have you tried getting help for your depression?

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I lost fourteen years of my life just lying in bed wishing I would die.. Then I found the forum and it has been my life ever since. I find by trying to help others here on the forum, it brings me some peace of mind because I am not wallowing in my sorrow all day like before..I also see a therapist who helps quite abit...

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

The one thing you can say about depressed people is that we are incredibly strong. It really takes a lot of human spirit to survive with chronic depression. I've only had it between 9 and now, 25. I don't know how anyone does 40 years.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....like 'jameslyons' said . .. we ARE strong. and...to mention something you said about your posts. .. i think posts get 'buried' here so much of the time. . .are there any s.f. members you ''click'' with - because pm'ing is helpful to me - if i am in a crisis. there is always someone ''around'''. i am on here several times a day and have a really flexible schedule. .. so you can also pm me to talk. . .

i can't say that i can give any good advice - but i can let you lean on me, vent, talk, and i will listen. and i DO care. i know what it is to be lonely - and it is the WORST feeling ever. .. has to be. i am thinking of you - reach out, ok??
    hugs xxx

6. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

thanks for all your responses. wish i had more to say, but i'm crying right now.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Again!!
    You can lean on us. We are all here for different reasons, but the one thing we have in common is depression.. It is an evil monster and lies to you all the time. Are you in therapy?? You should seek counseling if your not.. It helps to let it all out instead of holding it in so it can stagnate...~Joseph~

8. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

are you depressed because you are lonely and need love? why not try getting a puppy. It really knows how to love and they have individual personalities to keep you company. :)

9. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

I don't know how people cope either to be honest. I've been down for so long too, i think people get by simply by getting through the day. It is really pathetic to admit to but for a large majority of my life i have had planned 'goals' to reach, which are usually 'make it to such and such a date', when i reach that date i have another little assessment and decide when my next date is. At my worst my 'goals' were getting through the next hour, it has always surprised me how much a person can deal with on a short-term basis - at least that is how i cope, i think short-term, when i think long term i get bad thoughts. I have to clarify that these are never suicidal dates, i don't think 'on this date i'll give up' or anything like that, these are only my break times because otherwise i feel so pressured and overwhelmed.

On a personal note, i really hope you are getting the help you need for you chronic depression, i really identified with your online name. My life is very empty too, sometimes it is easier that way...bt mostly it is unfulfilling and life is a chore.

(((hugs)))

10. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

^ It helps me in a similar way.

EmptyLife<
    If you where here I would give you are real hug, but a cyber hug will have to do! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.