Chronic pain/illness/disease and suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous2

Does anybody else here suffer from chronic pain, illness, or disease?

Chronic pain is my primary source of depression and suicidal thoughts. If I was not suffering from chronic pain, I would not be considering suicide.

From what I’ve read, chronic pain/illness/disease is one of the most significant causes of suicide and/or suicidal thoughts.

I think it would be cool if this website had a section designated specifically for people who suffer from chronic pain, illness, or disease.

What do you-all think?

Does anybody else here suffer from chronic pain, illness, or disease?

Chronic pain is my primary source of depression and suicidal thoughts. If I was not suffering from chronic pain, I would not be considering suicide.

From what I’ve read, chronic pain/illness/disease is one of the most significant causes of suicide and/or suicidal thoughts.

I think it would be cool if this website had a section designated specifically for people who suffer from chronic pain, illness, or disease.

What do you-all think?
Yeah. I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, Migraines, IBS and ulcers and Acid Reflux and etc...

That can definantly cause depression and/or mae it worse.

:hug:

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.

What do you-all think?
I think thats not a bad idea at all, its a pretty good idea. Its just that I think that perhaps only a minority of people here suffer like that, I myself am lucky to be perfectly healthy but am a mess otherwise.

I know there's a few here suffering from chronic pain/illnesses. But I think it's be a nice part to have though.

(Maybe I should start a poll on that to see how many of us there are)

i'm so sorry you guys are "living" with pain, too...if you need a show of hands, i'm in. won't bore you with the details but i have spent my whole life with chronic pain, many surgeries, and am still broken. it would be good to have a little forum for people in physical pain/problems..i really don't think i'll be able to stay to see it but would be a nice addition i think...maybe just me.. sorry to ramble rubbish. take care.

i'm so sorry you guys are "living" with pain, too...if you need a show of hands, i'm in. won't bore you with the details but i have spent my whole life with chronic pain, many surgeries, and am still broken. it would be good to have a little forum for people in physical pain/problems..i really don't think i'll be able to stay to see it but would be a nice addition i think...maybe just me.. sorry to ramble rubbish. take care.
Hun, do you mind me asking what you have? Wouldn't bore me. :hug:

if you really wanna know (you really don't have to)..do u mind if we pm instead...i'm sorry, i'm such a stupid wuss. don't have the guts for this in public. i'm sorry.

whynot

Yes I have a rare skin disorder similar to psoriasis and excema that is lifelong and incurable. It affects like 80% of my body as well. I also had my gall bladder removed when I was only 24 years old, have discovered my hormonal levels are at the level of an 80 year old man (though not low enough to get any treatment for it) and I have horrible bone pains and cracking in my jaw. My body will not get in shape despite any amount of dieting and exercise and I was diagnosed as having a possible personality disorder or schizoaffective disorder when I was hospitalized 6 years ago (sure, it's completely rational to think someone with the amount of health problems I have is going to be perfectly normal and content with their shitty life. ) I think they just diagnosed me with these ugly mental diseases because I'm an ugly person not to be taken seriously or trusted because of my physical appearance. I can't imagine a handsome physically healthy person would be diagnosed the same if they were having a breakdown over their life problems.

The older I get the worse I feel. I'm meant to be in the prime of my life right now but feel as though I'm already so close to death. I've tried so hard to change things and to be happy with myself but nature doesn't even want me to stick around. Even on my happy days i am unable to enjoy myself because of the way people treat me. It's awful to be in my situation and to be so perceptive of reality and the true nature of most people. To be as sick and alone as I am and treated unkindly by others constantly is just a horrible feeling. People are like animals and I'm naturally rejected by the herd only to be picked at by the vultures and die in the most miserable way possible. I'm so envious of normal people who are thriving and happy and take for granted how healthy they are. I've stopped buying groceries to sustain myself because I can't take going outside anymore.

no point

I think it would be nice to have a section on chronic illness. I suffer from ulcerative colitis and ankylosing spondylitis. I'm not in pain much anymore because my doctors prescribed me really strong meds now. Knowing that I have to take meds my whole life (and knowing I might have caused all this) just adds to my depression.

Yes I have a rare skin disorder similar to psoriasis and excema that is lifelong and incurable. It affects like 80% of my body as well. I also had my gall bladder removed when I was only 24 years old, have discovered my hormonal levels are at the level of an 80 year old man (though not low enough to get any treatment for it) and I have horrible bone pains and cracking in my jaw. My body will not get in shape despite any amount of dieting and exercise and I was diagnosed as having a possible personality disorder or schizoaffective disorder when I was hospitalized 6 years ago (sure, it's completely rational to think someone with the amount of health problems I have is going to be perfectly normal and content with their shitty life. ) I think they just diagnosed me with these ugly mental diseases because I'm an ugly person not to be taken seriously or trusted because of my physical appearance. I can't imagine a handsome physically healthy person would be diagnosed the same if they were having a breakdown over their life problems.

The older I get the worse I feel. I'm meant to be in the prime of my life right now but feel as though I'm already so close to death. I've tried so hard to change things and to be happy with myself but nature doesn't even want me to stick around. Even on my happy days i am unable to enjoy myself because of the way people treat me. It's awful to be in my situation and to be so perceptive of reality and the true nature of most people. To be as sick and alone as I am and treated unkindly by others constantly is just a horrible feeling. People are like animals and I'm naturally rejected by the herd only to be picked at by the vultures and die in the most miserable way possible. I'm so envious of normal people who are thriving and happy and take for granted how healthy they are. I've stopped buying groceries to sustain myself because I can't take going outside anymore.
oh wow. I'm sorry to hear about that hun. :hug:

I am sorry to hear of anyone with a chronic illness. Life can be difficult enough in its own right without that twist thrown in. My thoughts go out to each of you. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00