Chronic pain keeping me up

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by elvinchild, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Its nearly 5 am, and I'm nowhere close to sleep. Its a little bit of loneliness and anxieties coming to haunt me. Its a little bit my natural night-owl circadian rhythm.

But I'm tired, my eyes are burning, I want to sleep... and mostly, the culprit is this awful back pain. I have no idea what to do, nothing seems to help, not even the most powerful pain relieving products. A shower is a small temporary relief but the pain returns soon after. Its been worse than ever before the past few days and its bringing me to tears I'm so frustrated. Sleep has been nearly impossible. I don't know what to do. If I don't find a way to rid myself of this pain, my already-awful insomnia is going to get 10 times worse.

:-( So frustrated.

2. Layla

Layla Account Closed

Have you used like icy hot packs or just a heating pad? I have simliar problems after having my son and usually the heating pad helped. Maybe you should have a doctor check it out if you haven't already. My aunt had some back problems too and it was near impossible to sleep, and after she went to the doctor she found it out it was a slipped disc in her spine.

Hopefully that was some help.

3. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I've tried both... they can help a little its just that there's such a large area of pain... I wish they made monster sized hot/cold packs haha :lol!:

Right now I'm trying to work out to help with the pain, and my naturopathic doctor suggested acupuncture... but that's supposed to be done twice a week, and I can't afford to do it nearly that often :(

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too was suffering like this guess what it was kidney infection bad one suffered for months now on antibiotics and pain going away. Get your doctor to look into seeing if your kidneys are functioning right.

5. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

I'm right there with you elvin... became disabled over 3 years ago, severe nerve damage in both legs... extreme pain 24/7... keeps me up all the time, and when I do finally drift off, it wakes me up. Nothing helps, no meds work, no ice, no heat... nothing. I've learned to just bear it, tolerate it... but it's still miserable. So I feel for you!
    I've always been a night owl too... but since my legs, it's worse. I can't work, can't drive, barely get out of the house... and when I do leave the house, it's a chore. I sit awake most nights, all night long... and lately, it's felt worse, just because I am so damn lonely... wanting friends, wanting more... physical contact and companionship... but it's so hard to find decent people... especially those that can look beyond my disability and treat me like a normal human being. So between the pain, and not being able to shut off my brain, my nights are longer than anything... long and lonely!
    I hope you can find something to help ease your pain, and that you can get some rest!! Good luck! My PM box is always open! :hug:

Bri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.