Chronic suicidal thoughts my whole life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Suzannenderekh, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've always suffered from chronic suicidal thoughts and to be honest, for a long time I just thought that this was normal. It seems to run in my family, almost everyone on my mom's side has these. They will just randomly pop up in my mind. Sometimes they are much more intense than others. I don't really know what to do about them. They've gotten much worse since I developed PTSD. They got worse still after my late boyfriend killed himself.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry for what you are going through, I would advise that you seek medical attention, and psychiatric attention. Have you been formally diagnosed with PTSD? If so, how are they treating it? Do you have a therapist? I am so sorry to hear about your late boyfriend. Best of luck to you and I hope get through the grieving process okay!

3. I feel that my psychiatrist always rushed me through my appointments so I stopped going but she put me on ever medication ever it seems like and nothing really worked except for Prozac. I was on a really high dose of it though, my body tends to get used to it pretty fast. As for therapy, my therapist made me mad so I stopped going lol.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

See a different therapists, finding a good therapist you can relate to could make a huge difference to how you are feeling. Just please do not give up, also find a psych that wants to do their job :)

3 people like this.
  5. Lol, you're right. I need to keep trying to find someone who's better. I love the way you word things, makes me laugh. Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.