ciao

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by north, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north

north Member

hi everyone :)

I am a 22 year old student.

I read some of other members stories here and have to say that compared to theirs my life is easy and wonderful. you are very strong and brave.

I used to be depressed for a few years and tried curing that with drugs, painkillers and alcohol, but nothing of that helped. now I'm fine, just a bit sad sometimes. I think I've found some kind of peace in the thought of death.

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Hi :)

Glad to hear that your life isn't too bad at the minute. We all have good days and bad days.

Welcome to the forum

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi North and welcome.. hope your death does not come until very long from now.. tc, Jim

4. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi north, good to hear your doing good. welcome . when you feel sad you know you can come here. there are a few threads that can make you laugh, jokes ect.

5. Neverender

Neverender Active Member

Hi north. Welcome from a fellow newcomer. I'm glad to hear that things are somewhat in perspective from what I read in your post. It's very good that you could walk away from drugs and alcohol. I myself have been having drug problems for about two consecutive years now as a "coping method" for my suicidal feelings. It is a vicious circle that will lead to misery and if you stay away from drugs you make things a whole lot better for yourself. This is a good forum and the members here are doing a good thing for this world. Stay positive and always reach out for support when you need it.

6. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

Hey there.

It's not about comparing, we're just here for each other in good days and bad. It's a nice little community. Welcome, I hope you find what you're looking for. Death to me is very inviting peaceful and just what seems like a wonderful alternative. Take care of yourself.

~ Amanda

7. north

north Member

thank you for being so welcoming

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Let me add my welcome to that of the others. I am glad to hear your days are better now. I am also pleased to know you found us and have a place to turn to for support on those days when things aren't going as well as you would like. Make yourself at home. We are glad you are part of the SF family :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.