Cigarette burns

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I'll be blunt. I burnt myself with a cigarette earlier and i'm just wondering if the risk of infection is higher with this type of burn? I'm not worried or anything, I just want to cause the most damage possible. Yes, I'm mental.
  2. underdosed

underdosed Guest

i dont know about with the cigs but i used to (still do i guess) burn my self with the metal of a lighter (like heat and press). i bet there would be since you could be getting all the tar and shit stuck in there as well. be careful!
  3. Bud Leaf

Bud Leaf Member

I have a post of mine called pyro pleasure, I am addicted to burning myself with anything, but my burn of choice is a lighter burn, if it gets infected youll know from the look of the band aid if you put one on a really bad one, if it has a green ring around it and orange puss, it is infected, it will heal over time but you will have a good scar, i have very many of them and very few have been infected, and it takes a very long time for infected burns to heal.
  4. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

Generally, the act of burning itself stops most risks of infection. The cauterizing affect of the burn will keep the cigarette itself from infecting you.

The danger comes from the fact you now have an open burn on your arm. To keep it clean, leave it wrapped in a loose bandage, and don't pop blisters, they are like a natural protective barrier.
  5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Dont worry about it. I burned myself a lot with cigs, with a lot I really mean a lot :unsure: And I never got a problem with it. The only problem is that its really addiciting. So my advice, dont do it more :unsure:
  6. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I don't think the risk would be higher then any other kind of burn infact it would seem to me that the risk would be less. Cigarettes leave small burns so that's less of an area to get infected.
  7. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I WANT to cause the most damage possible. I did it again today and kept making lots of little burns until I created a large one. I only do this because I don't think that it's appropriate for me to cut at the moment, it's too risky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.