Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jimi, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimi

Jimi Member

I am smoking cigarettes, and I don't want to quit smoking...
    It gives me a small feelgood boost. Anyone else who smokes and doesn't want to quit?
    Oh, by the way, i'm 15, almost 16

2. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

When you stop and look back you'll ask yourself what the point of it was. Really pointless.

3. In some ways you are right Irish Paddy - I already do that!! BUT - I still smoke...... I just can't seem to be able to stop - maybe I am weakminded!! Jimi - if you have only just started - stop now - because now is the easiest chance you will get at quitting.

Love
    Sarah
    x

4. Jimi

Jimi Member

The thing is, I don't WANT to quit it, there is something wrong inside my head.. I've been smoking for 2 months

5. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

I smoked when I was 13-16 or so. I quit smoking and drinking. I find it very easy for me to stop. I can just say to myself "Right, enough of that crap" and thats it :p. When you get more and more addicted and see the amount of money being spent on them and the effects it will have on your health then hopefully you might want to quit then.

I'm not having a go at you.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  6. Jimi

Jimi Member

I'll be hopefully dead before i stop smoking...

7. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I quite smoking around the 20th of Jan, did not wanna quit... oh how the cigarette can ease some suffering for an instant in time...

8. shatteredsoul

shatteredsoul Well-Known Member

i have smoked for 4 years now..and im 17 almost 18. i have gone on and off with it. but i like smoking. i know how bad it is for me..but it seriously relaxes me.

9. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

smoked on and off for nearly 15... how I would love to have one, but now they just stink to me... I miss the feeling they gave me in the instant

10. reality

reality New Member

I dont want to become addicted, I dont really care about getting lung cancer or anything like that its just really unhealthy, I dont want to be choking all the time and looking like shit (or rather looking shitter than I already am).:tongue:

Infact im gonna have a few tonight as I'm feeling like crap but after that no more until the weekend.

11. ashka

ashka Guest

I started smoking after what my ex did to me. I felt it helped me deal with what happened. I stopped now because my team were pissed with me so i said i shud give them up because with asthma anyway it was a bad idea. I have been free for months now but i have setbacks sometimes but i know with the help of god i can stop again if i start.

12. Eztral

Eztral Member

I started smoking when I was 14 because the cool kids did it..:dry:

I still smoke, and I don't really feel like quitting.. but I can easily tell it has taken a toll on my lungs..

13. Jimi

Jimi Member

I still smoke, and not gonna quit ^^

14. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

If this was anywhere else I'd probably play the "smoking will endanger your healthhhhhh" card. Here on suicideforum though I doubt that argument will hold much sway.

Let's talk about the financial burdons of smoking instead or something.

15. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I have smoked since I was about 11, I am now getting around 21. :smoke:

But honestly, I have to quit someday, my grandfathers last wish/request was for me to stop smoking, because it was the reason he died.

:cry: :blue:

16. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Staff Alumni

First, a hug for Carolyn :hug:

I am once again, trying to quit smoking, with a daughter on the way, it is a habbit I can no longer afford, and its freaking expensive, 5bux a pack! I have 2 Cigarettes left in my last pack, of camel lights, I am trying something one of my college buddies did, you take the last one from the pack and you TAPE it something, in his case his desk, with so much tape that to get it off, you distroy it, so you won't buy a pack BC you still have one left, and your cheap. but you can't smoke it! this is not logical but it works! if you really want to quit that is, if you don't, you just buy a pack. you have to have self control for this to work.
    so thats what I'm trying It worked for him. so here it goes! *lights 2nd to last butt tapes other to wall* :)

or you do it the way I did when I quit for a year, before the seperation with my fiancee that is thankfully over. I chain smoked 3 packs of Turkish Gold, camels and VERY heavy. I puked like a drunken college freshmen :) and quit 8 months. this method though is not very fun. at least with the other one you get to play with tape. (joke)

If your trying to quit good luck, if not, have fun, and heres to buy one get one free's :wink:

my Grandfather started smoking at 6... the older kids used to give the little kids cigarettes cuz they thought it was funny... not so funny now :( it took a 3x bipass for him to quit.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  17. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I've been smoking 17 years :sad: I hate it to be honest, i don't really know why i do it....Comfort i suppose.

I've tried to quit so many times, My nan died when i was 10 she had cancer on the lungs :sad: My daughter who's 7 begs me not to smoke :sad:

I have decided to try and quit again tomorrow :smile:

18. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I am terribly happy to say I am still not smoking since january.. I say terribly happy because I really love and like having a cigarette.

19. 12 years a smoker and still puffing

20. Jimi

Jimi Member

I think i'll quit for a year and start again when i'm 18... legal then don't have to hide it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.