Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fsphoenix, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsphoenix

fsphoenix Active Member

Honestly? Im beginning to wonder how it is everything seems to circle back to this same point at the exact same interval. No matter what I seem to do or how well things seem to be going, things crash and here I am again.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can reach out again and get the support you go before to keep you going. Depression is tricky that way but you beat it once with support from here posting and talking to people you can feel well again glad your here
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

okay you are going to get my theory on the circling back sensation of life as I have heard this from a few of my friends before so here is my take on it..

Life is a spiral ladder upward. You are at the same point on the spiral but you are a rung or two up? Can you picture that in your mind's eye? See you are not the same person you were before when you hit this point on the circle (not the same point on the spiral mind you-gosh i wish I could draw you a picture). The Zen have a saying "You never step in the same river twice". See although you have walked up to the same river that you stepped into before the water is different, the organisms are different, the temperature, flow rate etc are all different. So too are you a different person, stronger, wiser etc but you only feel as if you are at the same point, same river but in actuality you are further up the spiral.

I don't know if this is much comfort, I am not doing to well so am not at my best but I do believe in the concept of the spiral and that you are a better person though you feel as if you have gone nowhere.

Take care and I am around if you need to talk,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.