Citalopram

AlopexAngel

Chat Buddy
SF Supporter
I take citalopram. I've had good results. My brother tried taking though and was far to sleepy. I really is an individual experience.

Domo

As angeliris3 said, individuals react differently. What works for one person may not work for the other.

No point me saying 'It's rubbish, gave me terrible side effects' and making you nervous about taking it, when it might be good for you.

Pécheur

Account Closed
I quite liked it although it didn't help with the insomnia is why I had to switch. I find that Citalopram worked better for me in the summer as the sun allowed the medication to work to it's full potential.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

ELLIEANDMONKEY

I also don't sleep as much but I actually like that. I always feel a bit "wired" but I like that as well.

I've been so tired and sleeping non-stop for so long that this is a nice change.

I'm also completely caught up on the big bang theory.

Avarice

There are two other threads asking this exact same question within the first four pages of this subforum, one of which is just one topic below this one. I suggest you check those out first.

Citalopram was the first anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med that I was prescribed when I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety... and I couldn't have had a better reaction to another drug.

I was feeling better within 2 weeks and the only side effect I experienced was dry mouth... so naturally, I drank more water (I find that to be a plus).

Like others have said, it's an individual experience. Your body and whatever you're being treated for will determine how you react to the meds.

Good luck.

icequeen

this is the better of all the AD i have taken, dry mouth nausea were the worst side effects for me, but they have settled down altho not gone but tolerable. i have since found out that my constant sniffles and sinus probs have coincided with taking this and other minor probs but over all compared to others i have taken, this is a dream so give it a go.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00