• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

classic cars trucks and motorcycles hobby that helps our mental health issues

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
this is for people that have special interest or classic vehicles they own or are connected with that someone else owns. i and i assume others use their vehicle to help them with depression or other mental health issues. it can be a newer dodge demon or model a. condition isn't important it can be disassembled or rusted out. all that matters is you have a passion for it and it helps you. and i'm going to tag 2 people that showed interest in my 64 dodge @JMG and @extraterrestrialone . it will be seperate posts so as not to bore anyone and i will post pics later.

please post pics of your special vehicle as well as any specs and what you want to do to it. and please pics as well...mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
at the time that i was looking for an antique car around 4 years ago i had $4500 and my son helped me look. we were looking online and the first car he showed me was a 60s ford and i said no. the 2nd was my 64 dodge and i said want that car i love it. he said lets keep looking and i said no. if the car runs ok i want it period. well it ran great except the wipers, brake lights, and heater fan didn't work. i still took it. i was gone a couple of hours getting the plates and when i got back all that was fixed. we got the car for $4200.

when i picked it up it had a small 2 barrel carb on it with a very quiet exhaust. and the trunk lid was faded beyond buffing it was almost black....mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
well over the years it had a lot of work and modifications. after a couple of years the clear coat started to peel so i ended up painting the top of the car. i still have a little work to do to the rear quarters but nothing serious hopefully i'll be able to fix that and paint the bottom of the car next year.

the first year we had to replace the gas tank. there was no rust at all but the seam split. well i was facing downhill at a car show after i fixed the tank and it was leaking a little. i found out the shop that put the tank in used the same seal instead of paying $5 for a new one. now the tank is good for 30 or 40 years. i'll die before the tank

and we had really bad problems with the brakes. i ended up replacing all of the brake lines. we put new shoes and hardware and changed them every year because my drums were shot and i couldn't find any new or used. so brakes weren't good. i finally found drums that fit this year so i have great brakes. although they are standard brakes not power...mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
now for the modifications

1. high energy electronic ignition and wires

2. custom dual exhaust that sounds like any muscle car and can literally rattle windows

3. gabriel air shocks

4. edelbroc avs2 4 bbl carb and weind performance intake manifold

5. edelbroc 3 inch chrome air cleaner

6. chrome valve covers

7. line lock

8. 150 decible chrome air horn

. she won a 3rd place trophy and a 1st place trophy last year. we only got to go to one car show this year do to covid. she can lay a huge patch without even moving and leave lots of black smoke from the tires. but she does love the gas station...mike..pics to follow

tell me about your vehicle

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
This is a thread my brother would love he has always been a gear head, tinkerer and mechanic. I am doing well to remember righty tighty lefty loosey to change a flat. LOL But I do love looking at and driving fine cars especially the older ones.

Kevin's first truck was one of the 1967 Chevy pickups with the three on a tree and he moved it to the floor and the shift pattern was such that he was the only person able to drive it.

extraterrestrialone

hi, guess who... its me...
SF Supporter
this is for people that have special interest or classic vehicles they own or are connected with that someone else owns. i and i assume others use their vehicle to help them with depression or other mental health issues. it can be a newer dodge demon or model a. condition isn't important it can be disassembled or rusted out. all that matters is you have a passion for it and it helps you. and i'm going to tag 2 people that showed interest in my 64 dodge @JMG and @extraterrestrialone . it will be seperate posts so as not to bore anyone and i will post pics later.

please post pics of your special vehicle as well as any specs and what you want to do to it. and please pics as well...mike
sorry mike it is not a dodge but i’ve always admired this car and those they made after it...
42BC7832-5D35-40C2-806C-D040051A15BB.jpeg

i never owned this model (honda n600). but i have had quite a few other hondas. wish i had one now!!

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
the next project for her is a competition transmission (automatic) with reverse competition shifter...mike

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00