1. some_random_name

some_random_name Well-Known Member

I am two weeks clean from cutting and plan on keeping it that way. Here are some of the coping mechanisms that I used to help me get to stop cutting. Some may sound stupid and may not help you but here are some of my coping mechanisms I used when I wanted to cut: writing, i write in a journal, I write poetry and sometimes even suicide notes so I could think of how it would effect people if I killed myself, normally this discouraged me from cutting along with suicide. I also draw, I'm not good at it but it still lets me express myself in the best way possible. You don't have to be an artist to express yourself. This seems to be an easy way of coping for me. If you are in immediate danger then please see a professional as I am ill myself but these helped me and I hope they help you. Today is yesterday and tomorrow is a new day.

NYJmpMaster and ThePhantomLady like this.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am happy to hear that! Keep it up and remember this if you struggle!

3. some_random_name

Thank you thePhantomLady!

4. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

well done hun congrats feel free to pm me anytime keep up the good work hugs

5. some_random_name

thanks Fluffypingu, i will probably take you up on that offer *hugs* and thank you

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

well done, keep up the hard work. walking away from self harm is hard but you have proven that you can do it, treat yourself to something nice and be proud of yourself!! :)

7. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

Good for you! It is really hard to keep from self harming but you've done it, so you can keep doing it. I believe in you!