Cleanest, least traumatic "exit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that this a forum for survivors and I'm certain that there's a wealth of information among members about their experience of their loved one's departure. Would anyone care to share details about how their lost loved one might have taken the surviving family's pain into account; how that consideration may have shaped the way in which he/she chose to end his/her life? Suicidal individual are often quite lucid and deeply concerned about their family's suffering. This fact must in influence in significant ways their behaviour. I'd appreciate hearing your histories.

As Rukia said, no one will give you methods. And if you don't want your family to hurt then just dont do it. Instead go and get some help or talk to someone about how you are feeling :hug:

It will crush your family if you do this. My friend killed himself and there isn't a day that goes by that my heart doesn't ache..

warrabinda

hello there,
I work in a hospital. There is no cleanest way (I'm not talking about literal mess but that also...).
I have noticed that people tend to die as they have lived. I work with many many (angry) young men who have attempted through road trauma. Older people use more... simple/passive measures? it breaks my heart and I don't even know them! It literally makes me want to break out of 'professional identity' and just sit and hug them. we can't obviously for legal reasons but gosh!
Same thing in palliative care interestingly enough... that's another story!
It is all gruesome and heartbreaking. the fact if you have lost someone forever. there are just too many variables to consider.

- TRIGGER -

the body changes appearances obviously depending on what has been done, and having to support family members identify loved ones is one of the most vicariously traumatising experiences... I can't begin to imagine how it would feel for the family/friend themselves. and even so regardlesss of how 'peaceful' or as little mess gets involved they still KNOW it was an act of violence. as clinical workers, we can be objective, we have the luxury; family and friends don't.

long story short, a huge amount of grief is going to be experienced regardless of method. the method can impact, yes. but it is so subjective. unless friends/family have also been through it with a person who used a different method, there's no comparative. there's no scale on which we can calculate trauma. it's subjective.

peaceful thoughts
a.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I don't know how my first friend died, nobody would tell me anything.
My second friend died a horrible death, she was always telling me that you shouldn't care about other people... I guess she was right.
I think that both their deaths have affected me in the same way
But maybe that's just me, I'm not sure how I'm meant to live this life.

Oh, I forgot to mention, neither of them wanted to die. They had the same dreams as everyone else. But dreams are simply dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:

lord.nigel

i realise we cant give methods on here, due to the triggering, but if you want a clean death, look into <Edit Mod method>. i've found one that can ensure a moderately peaceful death.

but only do the above if you are serious about it and i guess if you are willing to research the <Edit Mod method> yourself, the time and effort you put into it may make you decide to reconsider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00