1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Up the mess

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Old_Man_Kensey, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old_Man_Kensey

Old_Man_Kensey Well-Known Member

I keep thinking nowadays that this world is way too fucked up....So maybe we should change it instead of wanting to die and get rid of it...If u think i m high or naive right now don t read this ...
    But if u don't share a thought with us on how we could make this world a better place...No politicians, no priests, just individuals...Point out those little things we never do or those things we keep doing wrong and.
    I ll give a shot

2. Old_Man_Kensey

Ok, i think a one of the simplests things is be friendly and polite. Should u see any old schoolmate, an old acquantance on the bus or the supermarket, go say hi..If the other person doesn t respond well it doesn t matter...Most people are too shy to say hi, or they have social anxiety, or egos and that s why they never talk or greet..So even if it s a bit awkward it s worth changing it...And if u get snubbed, feel good coz u just proved that the other person is too shallow.

3. Old_Man_Kensey

Also start your day listening to a happy song...It really gives you a boost for the next day.I d go for ACDC's "Big Balls" [lol] or REM' s "this friendly world" feat. jim carrey

Any suggestions?

4. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Smile at people. You might brighten someones day, hell, you might get some smiles back. It's a little thing, but it will help.

Good thread idea, Kensey. I can see a lot of good coming out of this.

5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Random acts of kindness are always good - and they spread.:smile: Little things too: letting someone into traffic, making up the change for the customer ahead of you, little stuff. Volunteering at a non-profit place can be rewarding to giver and recipient alike.:smile:

Pay it forward...

least

6. Old_Man_Kensey

ok here s another one...don t watch tv.It makes us lazy, dumb and dull:blink:

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Hahahaha the I agree with the TV one... tis true lol

TDM

8. Sismial

Sismial Member

This is a really good thread.. Well I'll give you one thing: pick up trash, like a rubbish in a day. (it's easier to make it a habit if it's just a little thing)

People litter so much these days. And this doesn't need much from you, but makes a difference if many people participite in the cleaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.