Cleaning Up the mess

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Old_Man_Kensey, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Old_Man_Kensey

Old_Man_Kensey Well-Known Member

I keep thinking nowadays that this world is way too fucked up....So maybe we should change it instead of wanting to die and get rid of it...If u think i m high or naive right now don t read this ...
    But if u don't share a thought with us on how we could make this world a better place...No politicians, no priests, just individuals...Point out those little things we never do or those things we keep doing wrong and.
    I ll give a shot

2. Old_Man_Kensey

Ok, i think a one of the simplests things is be friendly and polite. Should u see any old schoolmate, an old acquantance on the bus or the supermarket, go say hi..If the other person doesn t respond well it doesn t matter...Most people are too shy to say hi, or they have social anxiety, or egos and that s why they never talk or greet..So even if it s a bit awkward it s worth changing it...And if u get snubbed, feel good coz u just proved that the other person is too shallow.

3. Old_Man_Kensey

Also start your day listening to a happy song...It really gives you a boost for the next day.I d go for ACDC's "Big Balls" [lol] or REM' s "this friendly world" feat. jim carrey

Any suggestions?

4. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Smile at people. You might brighten someones day, hell, you might get some smiles back. It's a little thing, but it will help.

Good thread idea, Kensey. I can see a lot of good coming out of this.

5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Random acts of kindness are always good - and they spread.:smile: Little things too: letting someone into traffic, making up the change for the customer ahead of you, little stuff. Volunteering at a non-profit place can be rewarding to giver and recipient alike.:smile:

Pay it forward...

least

6. Old_Man_Kensey

ok here s another one...don t watch tv.It makes us lazy, dumb and dull:blink:

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Hahahaha the I agree with the TV one... tis true lol

TDM

8. Sismial

Sismial Member

This is a really good thread.. Well I'll give you one thing: pick up trash, like a rubbish in a day. (it's easier to make it a habit if it's just a little thing)

People litter so much these days. And this doesn't need much from you, but makes a difference if many people participite in the cleaning.