Cleaning Up

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by punk0r1f1c, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punk0r1f1c

punk0r1f1c Well-Known Member

Within the past few months I have started to clean myself up so I can begin looking for a job. I feel a lot better and happier with my life. I used to smoke pot everyday, drink myself stupid, and was just starting to get into some bad cocaine habits. I quit drinking pot indefinitely at this point, I drink maybe once a month, and I put down cocaine for a long while. The thing that really makes me happy is that my friends who are daily smokers and whatnot still want to hangout and do everything as usual. They don't mind that I have cleaned up and don't pressure me to do anything because they respect my choice. I have had experiences in the past when I have quit smoking where the friends I had at the time would basically cease to be friends because I didn't smoke pot anymore. But I just wanted to share this story for anyone thinking about cleaning up and how your true friends will stick with you regardless of your choices.

2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're an incredibly strong person xx

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.