Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorax

So, I love showers. 3-5 times a day. It's not a germ thing, I just find it relaxing. Plus, it helps with random aches. I heard it's bad for your skin, but my skin is baby-soft.

So I guess, is there really anything unusual? Other than the gas bill, I can't see why it would be. But, it seems a bit off to most.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If it's not an obsessive thought to shower and it's not 'cos you feel dirty or you do it just because you enjoy warm showers then I can't see anything wrong with it. When I'm anxious or mentally unstable I find it hard to keep on top with my cleaning. 5 seems a bit excessive but whatever floats your boat :)

I've heard of washing your hair too much causes the loss of natural oils and cause dry hair however I have no idea how true that is.

Lorax

Some quick reading says it's mainly the excess soap, causing skin to dry. Usually it's more to just warm up in the frozen waste land, that is my house. Plus, it relaxes all my tense muscles. I sure do love being part dolphin.

Growing Pains

There is a such thing as being too clean. The biggest worries are dry skin, and something about immunities. Apparently, the best thing for our immune system, is a middle-ground.

That said, I take 1-2 baths a day because I deal with chronic pain related to atypical anorexia, gallbladder disease, an overactive bladder, and depression. So, I'm virtually always hurting. I find that baths and showers (more-so baths for me) help a lot with the pain. Particularly the digestive pain related to the eating disorder and the gallbladder issues. My skin does get dry sometimes, but I find that using cocoa butter lotion helps with that (if you ever start having that problem).

I can't comment on immune system. As you can imagine, with a restrictive eating disorder, I stay sick regardless.

There is nothing unusual in being clean :) I like taking showers too. What shampoo and soap do you like btw? I made one on my own according to the recipe from cohomag.com website. It is much better than the one from the shop

Lorax

There is nothing unusual in being clean :) I like taking showers too. What shampoo and soap do you like btw? I made one on my own according to the recipe from cohomag.com website. It is much better than the one from the shop
Suave daily clarifying shampoo. It gets it clean, but doesn't leave residue. (I blow dry) soap, just bar. Body wash doesn't wash off very well.

Lorax

There is a such thing as being too clean. The biggest worries are dry skin, and something about immunities. Apparently, the best thing for our immune system, is a middle-ground.

That said, I take 1-2 baths a day because I deal with chronic pain related to atypical anorexia, gallbladder disease, an overactive bladder, and depression. So, I'm virtually always hurting. I find that baths and showers (more-so baths for me) help a lot with the pain. Particularly the digestive pain related to the eating disorder and the gallbladder issues. My skin does get dry sometimes, but I find that using cocoa butter lotion helps with that (if you ever start having that problem).

I can't comment on immune system. As you can imagine, with a restrictive eating disorder, I stay sick regardless.
Yea, I heard that too. So far my skin is fine. But, I can't use lotion. I'm really sensitive to touch & oils freak me out.

I used to get pain right in my gut, that felt like being harpooned with needles. (Still do on occasion) the sound of a shower helped take my mind off it. Plus the warmth. I take baths when my back acts up. Or to extend the hot water.

I'm sick 1-2 times a year. Usually when the kiddies come by after they get it. Guess my fish gene is working hard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00