Clearly, I'm being irrational.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Aphorism, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

But emotions aren't rational, are they?

I've been with my friends all this weekend, and it's weird, because it's sort of fun at the time, but I still kind of think it'd be nice to die. All the time, I have these thoughts like I'm so pathetic. I have a hard time connecting with my peers, and even with the friends that I do have, I find myself rarely actually laughing at their jokes or hanging out with them, anyways. College is apparently so much better, and kids are just maturing, yeah, but I've seen adults that are no better than us.

I think I'm just failing to see the point in all of this. People piss me off so often, and I've got this damn low self-esteem. I'm not sure that this struggling to relate to others is even worth it.

I just want to lay down and stop having to try.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

your right, they arent. and your feeling them so know that. its your feelings your emotions. but that doesnt make it all you are. and yeah low self esteem sucks and can rule everything and everywy you feel about yourself. and it makes you think that is all others can see aout you too. but it isnt. your young and thjere is more than relating to others. try finding yourself first then worry about the rest :arms:
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't usually hang out with any friends. When I'm at school I rarely speak, so I'm probly seen as weird. During breaks I'm constantly reading books(kinda like escapism for me).

And during class(well a couple of them) there is one kid that keeps saying I'm a failure....and that our group sucks because of me(we're doing like this group thing for science - it's shit). So ya's not always great having someone say "you suck....failure...we're gonna fail this all because of you!..." over and over when you already feel like being dead -____-.

Sometimes being alone can be the safest time, and dangerous for me.

In the end, I wouldn't think any of the kids could remotely relate to me, and vice versa.

Hopefully college/uni is better....but chances of me making to that are slim :laugh:.
  4. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

did you start feeling this way towards your friends only this weekend? or do your emotions undulate thereby leaving you at times socially inclined or socially hostile or simply non-responsive? i agree about your opinion on adults though, but we should resolve our issues before we too follow in their suppressed stead. Self- suppression can become a habit, are you holding back on something from your friends, cause it seems youv recently moved into the collegiate mode?
  5. Aphorism

Thanks for your concern. Although, I don't think there's much more I need to know about myself.
  6. Aphorism

My emotions have been building up to this. But I try to grin and bear it as much as possible, and no one has ever really noticed. Always, though, I'm quietly resenting everyone and everything. Your incite in helpful.