Clinging Partners

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twocky61, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

My gf Claire is very insecure & clingy

Sometimes I find it very romantic and intimate she is like this with me & I feel very protective towards her as I love her intensely

Other times though, I find it very tiring & I wish she would leave me alone - I feel my personal space is being invaded & even though I love her I have a strong desire to push her away - if I did that though, she would become depressed thinking I no longer loved her & might attemp suicide or selfharm

Does anyone else have a partner who is like this?

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Have you tried a little or any negotiating strategies around what you can see might be a potential issue twocky? If you never mention how you're feeling at those times, for fear of hurting her feelings, you're not being true to yourself and will, over time, cause love to diminish a little. It would be good for her maturity as well to understand that you love her intensely but sometimes just need a bit more personal space than she is encroaching on - try to present it as a positive way to go forward so that you both can enjoy a more fulfilling and adoring relationship, because there is more respect there on both sides :)

3. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

let her know you love her dearly but you need a little space.

4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks urPrecious & Soulreaper for your advice

I should obviously stop treating her loke a Ming vase & see she is probably stronger than I believe

:freehug: to you both

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, I reckon - that would do her a lot of good, and you a lot of good, too :)

6. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

suggest that she get a hobby, something that provides rewards, it will get her to take time and do something new, whilst giving you some time to yourself.

7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks FrainBart

I'm trying to do that all the time - when we go out I have to drag her out kicking & screaming (well not really but as good as)

She has a thousand 'friends' on FaceBook and other platforms but how many can she meet in town for coffee,cake & a chat or go shoe shopping with? Apparently women love shoes, so much they collect them like trading cards - I reckon the female species evolved from centipedes; why else do they need so many shoes? Us guys we may have about four pairs of shoes:

one pair for work

one pair for sport

one pair for leisure such as walking/hiking

One pair of slippers to go with the pipe when guys reach retirement age to sit by the fire with telling their grandchildren what Grandad did in the war

:rofl:

8. whoamiboo

whoamiboo Active Member

Women can be clingy in a relationship if they are unsure of themselves. It seems she has friends but you are the closest to her so she clings to you.talk to her tell her where you are when she clings on to you. Every person needs space to think. Explain that you love her, reassure her of that but you are human and need a little space every now and then. Be gentle in your approach so she doesn't feel like you are pushing her away.

You said you love her so your actions should reassure her of that. But she may not feel it. But keep reassuring her.

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks Whoamiboo

:freehug: