Clinically depressed?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by melosine, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melosine

melosine Active Member

Hey everyone,

This is my third time writing this thread, but I am going to write it again anyway. I believe I am clinically depressed and I really need help. I've been depressed all my life but my depression became constant and worse over the past few years. I can’t seem to enjoy anything and my mind always reverts back to being dark and gloomy. I am unable to concentrate in school and I no longer feel confident in myself. I am pessimistic and just feel like a failure. After changing my major in school to something worthless and knowing that I am not guaranteed a job, really scares and depresses me. I disappointed in myself and it is hard knowing that I let my family down after changing my major and not finishing my other major. I feel like I am wasting my time and money in college. I am honestly not a smart person and I feel so emotionally and intellectually stunted. I am just drifting through in school.

I miss my younger years in life. Being an adult is hard and I just can’t seem to mature and enjoy life. I am the only person living with my parents after my siblings moved out to be independent and to live on their own. It is hard to reach out to talk to anyone these days. When I try to call and talk to someone they are either busy working or in school. My best friend who is my ex-boyfriend is always busy with work, school and preoccupied with his girlfriend. I feel stagnant and stuck in a gloomy, dark hole. It is so hard to move and make myself fit into society and with others. I wish I was as productive as others, but I am just a waste and I really feel that life is just not for me. I know this post doesn't make sense and I am rambling on, but please can someone answer and help me through this pain.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If you are depressed, you should seek help. It's something I haven't done yet, but I am heavily considering it, especially since a friend suggested I do it. She had to deal with similar things and therapy really helped her. Sometimes people aren't there for us because they don't understand or don't want to listen, but we on the site are here for you. So I think you should consider looking into a treatment for your depression. Best of luck to you.

3. cruttage

cruttage New Member

Definitely get help...
    I've been clinically depressed for about 2 years. Its takes me to hell and back on a regular basis... despite being clinically depressed I have learn't coping strategies and a way to live my life that still allows me to be productive, even if I am feeling utter melancholy - constantly. Some how the meds help make it bearable... kind of.
    Depression is very very dangerous without treatment so get help please!!!

4. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

if you're still attending school, your campus probably has a counseling center. you can probably seek therapy and if needed they probably have a psychiatrist who can prescribe medicine.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The only way things will change hun is when you reach out for help You stay as you are nothing will happen right. You need to go to your doctor and see what can be done to get your mind back on track and not all over the place. You can succeed but you need to get your mental health well okay so please do something for YOU get the help you need and deserve hugs

6. melosine

melosine Active Member

Yea, I agree that I need some sort of medication to get me through the day. However, I am not quite sure if anything can work. I feel like I just cant shake it out of me. I have low energy and can barely concentrate on anything. I am alive but my soul is dead. I really feel I have no purpose here honestly. My mental state is absurd.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Therapy will help your mental state i found wellbutrin xr it is antidepressant it gave me energy to get through days You need to talk to your gp and get something ok and some therapy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.