Cliques

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I am sick and tired of this now and its about time it stopped because its now spilled onto the forum. Im getting tired of hearing off people that yet another clique has emerged in chat. Im banned from chat so it doesnt bother me but when i read thread after thread after thread from the same people saying exactly the same thing, i love you... whoever. It wound me up enough when i was allowed in chat now im banned this is just a joke now. All your doing is mnaking new members feel more and more isolated so please stop doing it

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

You can't stop people from creating friendships and being closer to some than others. I see 'cliques' as having a negative connotation, being circles that intentionally are mean and non-supportive to people outside of it. It is sometimes annoying and isolating when you see people being friends with one another and making threads dedicated exclusively to people they're friends with, (ie "YourNameHere" as the thread topic and all their friends flood it with endless proclomations of love and care) while outsiders don't really get to experience that. But hey, that's life. Friends will do that for one another and less likely to do it for people they barely know, so I wouldn't exactly consider that to be clique-type of behavior because it isn't done to be mean and isolating to others.

If it makes their friends feel like they have some worth and gives them reason to live another day, I think it's daggone alllllright. There will always be lonely people who will get jealous that others are cared about and loved so much -- does that mean these circles of friends have to stop exhibiting how much they love one another? No.

:mortdesinos: :console:

3. Kaos General

Sorry hunni was just having a major rant at the time. I totally agree with you its just the people that was in this clique im talking about totally ignored me on msn and i dont wanna mention names but it made me feel really crap and suicidal then i notice all the comments its like they tell me they care but they dont even know the meaning of the word. Theres a lot thats happened that i aint gonna go into on here hunni x

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I have to say I have noticed cliques, but in some ways I see no harm in them. It is a part of how friendships work. At first it stopped me from posting, although that could be my own anxiety issues, and as admin know there is no stopping me.

What I have found is that people in whole are very supportive, and caring. Of course they are going to be more attentive if it is someone they have grown close to, it is the same in real life.

As long as these cliques don't bully or harass people I see no harm.

P.S. I am part of no clique I am my own one man Clique, now there is an oxymoron for you.

5. Kaos General

But what about new members? Thats my biggest gripe with cliques. They make new members feel unwelcome which is wrong as they joined because they was obviously in a bad place and they cant join into chat because of the love fest currently going on

6. Perfect Melancholy

Sure I am talking as a fairly new member although I joined in 2009 I lasted a few weeks (head all over the place) but I came back sure it was hard at the time, but there have been so many people who have supported me and listened to me rant, I mean it is not a competition is it which it is sounding like now "who can get the most attention"

I mean I come on here for two purposes one is a place I can vent and escape and talk to people who might understand and two to try and help and support anyone and I mean anyone if I am in the right frame of mind (something I have been lacking in the last week, which I apologise for).

At the end of the day if someone does not like me, like what I type, I am not going to be pissed of, they don't know me I don't know them, I wish them no harm and all the best. I hope this makes sense.

I went into chat last night for the first time In ages and I admit I saw one person shit stir but I ignored It I kept fairly quiet but chipped in sometimes, I mean I had someone there I know and am friends with on here as help, so does that mean I took a clique in?

7. Kaos General

I am honestly soo glad you are getting support honestly. I just dont get that anymore off people.

8. Perfect Melancholy

Well my pm is always open if you need to chat, that goes without saying to anyone.

You just have to keep reaching out.

9. Kaos General

Thanks it means a lot x

10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i dont see it really... just as in real life people are naturally closer to some people than others. and im sure you have been just like that in chat too wayne - everyone does when they get to know people. i try to welcome all people - whether they are new or old members - and yes - there are a handful of people i feel closer to than others. i dont get threads saying 'i love you sparkle' but i really dont expect to and dont begrudge people having them just because i dont.

ive seen a lot of new members in chat recently (obviously you havent been in there to see that) and they seem quite comfortable and settle into chat fine. And i honestly dont know of any group that is intentionally blocking out or being mean to other people - and im in chat a lot :)

11. Kaos General

Actually i have never been like that ever. I make a point to include everyone in any conversation which is why i get so angry when this happens. To be fair ellie a lot has happened since you was away so you havent seen it.

12. Perfect Melancholy

have to say I know agree with you =\ -sigh-

13. Kaos General

Put it in a LtM

14. Perfect Melancholy

no fucking point took me half hour to work up to go in there, and everyone leaves thanks a fucking lot, might as well ban me now for all I care there was a moderator in there too, good fucking job they were doing

15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

If thats because everyone moved when you signed in java, thats because I asked them all to move. Quiet place isnt the room for big groups of people. It wasnt because you came in, and if you had of stayed a few seconds longer you wouldve seen my message asking you to move to. It wasnt personal

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You can't stop people from forming friendships. We encourage people to do that here. When I think of cliques, I think of a group of people close to each other who don't allow others to join in their conversations, making others feel left out.
    That isn't happeneing here. Writing to LtM won't help. Post in the buddy chat section if you want more friends here :)

17. Perfect Melancholy

so in other words stay out of chat unless you know someone there

18. Kaos General

Lynn you know precisely what im talking about and thats precisely whats going on in there and has been for some time before even i got put on FAO. What your saying is just wrong lynn. People go in chat to talk to someone not to be ignored.

19. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Unless a particular crew of people are ganging up on you and being complete jerks to everyone who isn't in their crew, I don't quite understand what the complaints are about. If you want to chat, go and chat and start a conversation instead of going in being quiet acting like someone is obligated to suddenly feel close to you. That's the only way people are going to come to know you. No one is going to baby you.

20. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Your completely missing the point. Your upset over something that wasnt to do with you and wasnt to do with cliques. It was ME, the mod, enforcing the rules of chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.