Clonazepam

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Johnny Messina, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Johnny Messina

Johnny Messina Well-Known Member

Ok I was taking a lot of everything in my life.... Last 10 years so much drugs, alcohol, everything.... But Im doing much better now, but I am still taking big doses of clonazepam before going to bed, and sometimes during day...
    Anyone else on this drug... Im kind of tolerant now but still can't live without it...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What doses are you taking? I'm on a similar drug (valium aka diazepam) 30mg daily which is a big dose but I need it so I can totally understand how you have become reliant on it. In 2013, over a period of 5 months I came off xanax, it was my choice but the reduction was done by my doctor and I came off it fine. But not long afterwards I became very anxious and then went on the valium. I have taken clonzapam in the past, I did not find it helped me but for many it is a very addictive drug and professional help is often needed to come off it. But the real question is how will you be without it?

3. Johnny Messina

I can do without everything.... Im off cigarettes, alcohol, all drugs.... and no problem..... But when I try do reduce this drug, I cannot do anything that day.. I start to feel depersonalization, derealization, I feel like electricity goes through my body, my heart rate is different, Im all messed up.......
    Im usually taking 10mg before bed... when everything is good (i get enough air that day, sleep, am not under pressure) that dose is enough.. and I thing that dose is big succes because sometimes I took like 50+mg with bunch of other stuff....
    Im afraid I will go back to other stuff also because my insomnia is kind of back due to my messy life...

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It sure sounds like a sticky situation, I don't know about where you live but here they come in 0.5mg, 1mg and 2mg so 10mg is a high dose and 50 is huge. I am hoping you meant 1.0. The electricity going through your body is withdrawal, if you do want to come off it it would have to be slowly and under the care of your doctor. I was feeling like I couldn't give up the valium and although I haven't my doctor prescribed zyprexa to take with it to make me feel less anxious and it has worked. Maybe you need your meds tweaked. The problem with benzodiazpines is you keep needing higher doses as you get more tolerant and then you hit a point where they stop working, that's why doctors don't like to prescribe high doses and for a long time.

5. Johnny Messina

No, it is 10mg....... Here is also 0,5 1,0 and 2mg... it's 5 pills....

50mgs were not recomendation from doctor, I was just on everything for some time... I manage to get rid of everything only this clonazepam, i can't without it..

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I'm on it only .5 mg 3x a day and I'm not dependent in it I can go days or weeks without it.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

10mg is excessive high of a dose at once. I don't think any pdoc would have prescribed that much to be taken at one time. My doc makes me spread out my doses throughout the day. If you need something powerful at night to knock you out there's other Meds.