Close but no cigar

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by slider, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slider

slider Member

Well I failed but it wasn't for the lack of trying. I took enough of xyz to do the trick but apparently in a "drunkin" state I got up to go to the bathroom and passed out. My husband heard me fall, came to check on me and realized what I had done and called the paramedics.

dang dang dang. But I did find out who I can really depend on. My son stayed right by my side from the time that I was admitted until I was released. Somehow I convinced the doctor that it was NOT intentional.

Seeing the pain in my little boy's eyes (he is 21) I promied him that I will enter into intense therapy.

Please everyone out there, suicide may be a fantacy but death is very real and permanent.

Peace.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OMG your son i feel so bad for him i know you were in pain but do hope you keep your promise and get help and stay well for him and your husband. If you can't do it for yourself my god do it for him I hope you have councilling set up for your son so he too can heal now can get support in dealing what with just happened

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

You have another chance now so please take the therapy and stay for your son..he obviously loves you very much and needs you in his life...
    I hope together you will get through this..*hug*

4. slider

slider Member

I have my first therapy appointment on Monday. My son...........we have talked ALOT over the past few days. I am determined to stick around for alot of reasons. I realized that even though my son is a grown man, he is still very much my little boy, and always will be. No, it is not his responsibility to help me, it is his choice and for that I am so grateful.

I also had a very surreal experience during my fight to die that I want to share with you. I was reunited with my mother. She passed away very suddenly years ago. I was in the ER room, I was looking down at the efforts of the hospital staff to revive me, my mother appeared and told me to go back that it is not my time yet. Since being released from the hospital I have had a renewed determination to fight to LIVE. I know that in my heart for me that means therapy, returning to church, and renewing my relationship with God.

To everyone out there thinking of suicide,STOP. Death really is permanent.

5. kote

kote Account Closed

slider i like your posts, although they are under a bad condition you are sending out the right message. SUICIDE ISNT AN OPTION.
    take care and rest. all my best!!!

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

so pleased you've decided to fight...
    your Mum was right it's not your time ...your son needs you and that's a good reason why you're still here...
    I'm glad you get another chance...*hug*

7. clouds

clouds Well-Known Member

what an inspiring thread, Im glad you posted this its hit home hard for me.Im so glad your son has chosen to help you and am sure he is more than pleased of your choices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.