• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Close to doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. For the past year or so my depression has gradually become worse to the point that I'm getting suicidal every day. It used to be just once in a while but for the past 2-3 months it's been every day. I spoke to a friend about it and she told me not to dare doing it, but it hurts so much. I went to a psychiatrist last august and he told me I wasn't depressed and was just getting worked up over nothing. But I don't think that's true. My dad doesn't believe me either and my mum is in a different country. I can't eat and I can't sleep, and that's making it worse.

I don't really know why I'm posting this. I think I'm looking to be stopped. I don't know.

Hi there. I deal with a similar situation but over two or three years. I am very sorry that you have to deal with depression. I understand it hurts, it hurts like nothing else could. It hurts everywhere and all the time... You get sore, you can't sleep, food doesn't sound appatizing... I get it. The fact that your psychiatrist said that you are just getting worked up over stuff is bull crap. I think you need to see another psychiatrist. You happened to stumble accross a bad one. :dry: I am terribly sorry about that. Try talking to an online psychiatrist if your father does not not belive you. For the longest time, my mother didn't believe me. I finally got her to after emails upon emails with different therapists and psychologists. Depression is a very hard topic for some parents to deal with.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow and don't let suicidal thoughts ruin your entire day.
-Kate.

^ agree

yeah, I don't think you saw a good psychiatrist. seeing a new one sounds like a good idea.

you can visit www.befrienders.org for a list of suicide hotlines

I bet that with treatment you can get a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$205.00
Goal
$255.00