close to ending it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by dm3melanie, Jul 25, 2016.

1. dm3melanie

dm3melanie New Member

im not sure where to turn. I've tried talking to a direct family member but these feelings are not going away. It day 4 of me actively contemplating ending my life. Ive even broken into the gun cabinet that my husband locked.

this (posting on here) is my inpulsive attempt at preventing this final decision ive decided on.

is there anybody out there who can help?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there & welcome to the forums. Please get rid of the methods you have, your life can get better, it has for many people and can for you too. What exactly has happened to trigger this suicidal episode 4 days ago?

brknsilence likes this.
  3. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

We are here for you. Please don't give up. Hugs

Are you seeing a professional?

4. dm3melanie

dm3melanie New Member

I have not seeked the help of a professional. ..this started with the realization that I can not get out of my situation (re: ending of a 30+yr relationship/marriage). I can not seem to grasp at any ..hope

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think your best bet would be to see your general doctor and they will refer you to a therapist who can help you cope with all of this, they may start you on medications to make you feel better while the therapy works. Even though your situation seems dire and something you cannot fix psychiatric and medical care will help you through it.

brknsilence likes this.
  6. brknsilence

Can you call a hotline in your area?

7. dm3melanie

dm3melanie New Member

I have not looked for a hotline. I may.

8. brknsilence

May try calling them? What country are you in?