close to giving up

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadjen, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadjen

sadjen New Member

Hi, I just joined, probably was supposed to post in the Welcome area first, I'll do that in a bit. I'm having a crisis though, that's why I joined in the first place.

I am living in a motel at the moment because I am homeless, have no where to go and I will be out of here on wednesday. I have few friends, my family has essentially washed their hands of me. No job, everyone at my old job hates me because I was a whistleblower on some corruption which Human Resources didn't even take seriously. I am very close to starting to write my suicide note, using all the money I have to extend my stay here a few days, and kill myself. No one would know for several days and by then it would certainly be too late. I really do not see my life improving. I've been considering prostitution but I'd almost rather be dead.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

hey Jen,
    There are always homeless shelters..I know finding work is tuff but if you don't even try then you won't succeed in finding one.. Do you have a car?? Do you have any friends you can stay with?? You need to go down and file for public assistance and tell them you have become homeless.. the sooner the better..At least you can get food stamps so you can eat while you are waiting for public assistance..If your in the USA check and see if there is a One Stop Carreier Center. You can attend their classes for a week and then get a one time settlement for $1000.00 At least it would help pay for a room while you are trying to find work...
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Jennifer, don't do it. Please. You have people in your life who care about you, reach out, you are not alone, really, you aren't. You have to believe that. I am here if you need someone to talk to, I will listen. You are going through a VERY hard time right now, but you CAN get through it. You have options, you might not be able to see them all right now, but they are there. Keep searching, please don't quit life just yet. You can make it. I know you have some fight left in you. You have already survived so much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.