Closing an era, starting a new one.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Sa Palomera, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I've got some positives to report :smile:

As you might know, I've been in therapy since June 2007. Monday - Thursday throughout the day, group therapy. And besides that I've got an individual session with a psychotherapist once every few weeks, and since a few weeks I've also got individual PMT (Psychomotor Therapy --> click) every Friday.

Well by the end of June, I'm going to leave the group :biggrin:
    I will continue the weekly individual PMT, to learn to get to my emotions, since that's one of my main problems. On screen/paper, it's not that hard, but outside of that, I can't seem to get to my emotions, as there's like a giant blockage which stops my emotions from coming out. Especially anger and irritations seem to be stuck inside. So that then causes me to build it up and up inside (without wanting to), until at some point I just snap over nothing, and I then end up completely losing it. My behaviour on here in the past proves that :unsure: . Anyway, I'm working on those issues now with help of my psychomotor therapist =)And I will continue to do so, even after I've left the daytime group-therapy =)
    Also I'll still have an individual session with my psychotherapist every once in a while, until after I'm settled in regards to university and all that.

And another positive and happy thing to report:
    I'm going away basically all throughout July! :biggrin:
    July 3rd-6th there's the Rock Werchter Festival in Belgium where I'm going to go with a mate :smile: and we'll come back on Monday morning the 7th. Then I'll have that day to do the laundry and sleep/rest, because on Tuesday the 8th, another mate (some of you might know her: Chrissy) and I are going to go on holidays :biggrin:

We're going to hitch-hike throughout Germany, to Prague (Czech Republic), where we're going to stay for a few days. Then we're going to hitch-hike back to Holland. Depending on how long it'll take us to get to Prague, we'll either go back through Germany, or we might even go through Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium. But we will plan our way back once we're in Prague :biggrin:
    We're expecting to be away for 2 or 3 weeks, so by the time we're back, it's almost August :smile:

Then in August I've got introduction of university, which usually lasts about a week, so that'll be fun, and then in September --> English Language & Culture bachelor degree programme! :biggrin:

Hooray for me!
    Can I say so: I'm rather proud of myself for reaching this point. Especially looking back at what state I was in about a year ago! :blink:
  2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Way to go hun!!!! :hug:
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:wootrock: :moon: :wootrock:

Da Est WTG!! :flowers: :hug:
  4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Yay! My last day in group-therapy will be June 14th :biggrin:

So that's in 3.5weeks already! :biggrin:

Like mentioned before I'll still have a weekly individual session of psychomotor therapy and once a month or so I'll have an appointment with my psychotherapist.

But I'm LEAVING the Group-Therapy!!! :bounce:
    That means yet another big step forward in my recovery process :smile:
  5. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

I'm really happy for you.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wtg hun!! hope it works out for you :arms:
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Congratulations, Est. That is wonderful to hear. I am proud of you! :hug: