Clues for Gear Heads...............................

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by yorkie bar, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Just so the other thread does'nt get completely hijacked, though i have to say, it was a bloody good thread - wish i'd thought of it myself, haha

I've always been 'into' cars from a very young age, fast cars that is lol
    I would'nt touch a porsche with a barge pole lol

Maybe i should put this in soapbox instead. I went on a ferrari driving experince, and i've driven a ferrari, maserati, Lotus Elise (as was), and they also threw in an old fire engine, for good measure lol. I have to say, i got the most fun out of driving the fire engine - its not everyday you get to drive a fire engine haha

My favourite car is the lotus elise, ( not keen on the exise ),and i almost bought one, but they are a tad too unreliable, plus ,i could'nt get my fiddle in the boot, which i can, just, in my car.

Clue - they are often described as a hairdressers car ( and no, its not an mx5) . I've owned 3, continously, over a 25 year period, so i guess i'm pretty much sold on them ( apart from the bloody leaking roof and windows) lol

I was heartbroken when i wrote off my sonic, the 2nd one, a year ago. I still really love that car, and i'd just spent a fortune having the seals replaced. I've not quite got the same affinity with my current car yet, even though its a rare model, but i did quite enjoy driving it today, knowing that i'm allowed to keep it.

Its funny - the receivers clerk, was taking details about everything, and when he asked about my car, he asked, is it a * * ,when i said yes, he asked, do the roof seals leak? wtf, barmpot lol. I said, you must have one then - he said he used to have one hahaha

Well, i'm rambling on about nothing. I guess these cars might not be so prevalent in the USA. Oh , and by the way, i think i've got a leaking sump gasket lol
  2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I grew up riding off-road motorcycles with heros like Roger DeCoster, Bob Hannah and Brad Lackey. A lifetime ago I owned two cheap but fun dual purpose motorcycles that I put well over 150,000 miles on while subscribing to four motorcycle magazines.

The last time I followed any motorcycle racing it was the GP circuit and guys like Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwantz (Schwantz- lol :laugh:) were dominating. My favorite race, after the I.S.D.E. and what was left of the Paris- Dakar rally is the Isle of Man TT. RIP to it's best racer, Joey Dunlop.

I've switched my focus to bicycling in the past decade or so.
  3. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Wow, thats impressive stuff, blugrey.

I've been following the antics of Ewan McGregor amd Charley Boorman. I've read all their books and watched all the series on tv. They went 'The Long Way Round' from London to New York on BMW R 1150 GS bikes ( well almost) lol

They also did some other journeys too, lucky s*s.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.