cn^nn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigman2232

Well I've had the final pushes I can handle and I know that I'm not meant to be here anymore.

I've skipped classes for the last 3 days and although I wasn't necessarily happy, I wasn't as down either. But now I have another assignment due tomorrow and I have no idea how to do it (yes, partly because I didn't go to the classes) and neither does the one person I know in the class (who did go).

I don't know why I'm even still trying at school anyways. I just don't have the mental motivation you need to do well and that's not going to just change instantaneously.

Just talked to my dad and I hear the same aggravation I hear in mom's voice when I talk to her. I'm supposed to just get through it. I'm supposed to drop my "bad attitude" and do better.

I can't.

And I really have become someone that shouldn't be around. I'm negative, mean and a drain on everyone around me.

I have a ton of thoughts but I'll just say thank you to those that replied to my posts. It was insightful to read about others views.

Please reconsider if at all possible...I went through the same thing in undergrad and grad school. If you get help from a doctor/therapist/hospital, you can basically just request proof of your treatment and give/email the letters to your professors. They'll most likely give you extensions or extra help...at the very least, they'll understand why you haven't been in class...mine did, even in graduate school, even in my upper level engineering classes...they always do. Actually, I'm almost sure they're obligated by school policy to provide you with special circumstances if you have a mental disorder or are in severe distress like you seem to be.

Professors are human and understand that these things happen; they will be more lenient than you think. You've got a medical condition just like any other, and you deserve time off to recover and heal. Please don't let school put you over the edge.

Again, let me know if I can help in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00