Co Codamol over self harm?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DelusionalDECADENCE, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure where this post should be but hey.

I stopped self harming a year ago but more than often still need something to take the emotional pain away. A few months back I slipped on ice and damaged my back, I was prescribed co codamol (30/500mg) and diclaphenic. The co codamol really knocked me about for a while but I dealt with the sickness, and when that subsided I noticed how drowsy the tablets made me. I was generally asleep within 30 minutes of taking them, which I saw as a blessing.

I got over the injury within 2 weeks, but kept taking the co codamol in the night, it helps me sleep.

I only take 2-4 tablets in a night, which is why I can't see why this could be dangerous because it is a small dose. I am worried that I may develop an addiction though but can't stop because they numb the pain like cutting did and send me to sleep.

Advice? xx
  2. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i'm really sorry to say, you'll already be addicted. i had the same sort of thing with Tramadol about a month ago. i would say probably get yourself a new hobby. distract yourself or at least tire yourself out. it may help.

if you ever want to talk, you can pm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.