Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by punk0r1f1c, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punk0r1f1c

punk0r1f1c Well-Known Member

This is an issue that has been bothering me lately. Me and my group of buddies, specifically my best buddy, like to experiment with a lot of drugs and whatnot. Last year I did coke and this summer me and my buddy did it a few times. He has a good hookup but recently we have been doing it more than I feel comfortable with. We promised each other that we would only do it maximum of once a month. But, we have done it about three or so times this month, and his "guy" keeps getting "really good shit". So I guess what I am trying to get at is if any addicts have any advice on whether we have the chance of falling into a bad habit?
  2. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Duh, you already have.
  3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I've never really understood the big deal with cocaina and how someone can get hooked. The times I did it I didn't get that much of a high from it and the comedowns were catastrophic for me. For people like us who are suffering with depression, drugs are like a deadly poison.

From my experience with coke I am full of regrets. I developed a nasty habit of continually grinding my teeth that I'm only now beginning to control after 9 years of being clean. The cost was ridiculous. It was okay back then because I could afford it, but to think of what I could have bought with the money I wasted taking a drug that didn't really have any positive effects on me whatsoever is even more depressing. I could probably have bought a brand new Beamer for the price I pissed away on White powder back in the day.

Anyway, none of this is relevant to the thread, but one piece of advice I will give is pride yourself on being an individual. I tell people these days that I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and haven't done in 9 long years. People say, that's a bit boring. Who cares, I'm me and to me, it's boring following the rest of the sheeple drowning their sorrows at the local pub or bar and sneaking off the the toilets to snort a quick line. I don't want to be like that, so I'm not like that. You can still have lots of fun being totally clean and sober while everyone else is coked up to the eyeballs. You'll just remember the fun you had while they'll forget it.

Simply put, coke is expensive garbage. Utter garbage. Coke ruins lives without ever really offering much in return.
  4. punk0r1f1c

Wow, Shogun that is some really good advice. Thank you. I've talked to a few people, and I have gone to some A.A. meetings and I haven't heard anything as useful as the advice you just gave.
  5. punk0r1f1c

Thanks for the advice . . .
  6. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Just keep it in the back of your head that "your not gonna become an addict". A few times a month won't get you addicted the idea of one hit lasts a lifetime is total hysteria.

Three times ain't that much, and your not addict. Keep your head up, and if you are really worried say no to the offer a few times. From my experience with cocaine, and my one friend becoming an addict, is the power to say No early on is pretty powerful to stop oneself from becoming an addict.
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Yes! Totally agree with RUR KEN, and I speak from experience! The fact that it is GOOD makes it worse!

I strongly suggest that you STOP NOW!

Good luck and take care! If you want details feel free to pm me.

8. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Worst advice ever.

"I'm not going to be an addict" has done nothing but create addicts.

Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, almost died, then wisened up. If you keep doing it, you will end up either losing everything and everyone you know and care about, dead, or living on the street, or any other of the scenarios you hear about. Go downtown to your nearest city and see for yourself. The glamour in cocaine (or any drug) is only for Hollywood. If you think any different, you've never been there, and if you don't listen to those who have been there, you'll end up there, and its the last place you want to be.

Please listen to RURKen and Shades. And I guess now me, though I'm not as nice about it as they are.
  9. Neverhappyalwayssad

Thats pure hysteria. Yes cocaine does ruins lives, but not everyone who touches the drug becomes a homeless coke fiend. I have seen the worse of the drug and the best of the drug. Telling this guy to stop because some people become addicts isn't good advice, its a scare tactic. I've seen one of my best friends take it to the extreme, while me and my other friends where casual users(little more than 3 times a month) my best friend just kept going. But we(4 of us) never did get to that point of addiction.

People become addicts to every little imaginable thing. Internet, games, but if you told someone not to go out surfing the net because theres a small possibility(yes I'm saying small, because really addiction statsticis are purely based on addiction centers, they don't go asking people who occasionally do the drug if they are addicts) they will become an addict you would get laughed at.

Best advice would be to let the guy know hey this is what could happen if your not careful. Its def not telling him "u got one choice to stop now or ruin your life for good" that comes off as almost preaching and doesnt help anyone. Scaring someone into submission by the possibility of some of the worst imagin conditions one could end up in is just plain foolish.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  10. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Your opinion is biased. It sounds like you're saying "I did it and didn't get addicted, so you probably won't either" and that's crap. Yes addiction can strike with anything, but there's a much higher chance it will happen with drugs. Nothing good can come out of cocaine use except for a short lived high, and if nothing else it will leave you with less money in your pocket. I don't see the motivation for anyone to try it except for hollywood's popularization of it, which is a shame, because it is marketed as harmless fun, which it isn't. Sure, he won't necessarily become an addict from doing it a few times, but he can't stop himself from becoming one from saying "I won't get addicted". He's already broken his once a month rule, who's to say it won't become once a week, or once every few days?(if he can afford it) It's best to play it safe and not do it at all, it isn't worth the risk.

Besides, it's not just addiction he has to worry about, but disease, heart attack, stroke and mental illness as well.
  11. Neverhappyalwayssad

What I'm saying is give yourself a reality check, and if you don't like where you are going then don't go there. People have so much more control than they give themselves when it comes to drugs(one reason I hate the idea of AA, all that does is pass the power to some imaginary being to control the situation).
    ( heres a link that says Cocaine users can control cravings. (which is the polar opposite of what people of AA/NA say)
    Responsible drug use isn't the same as abusive use. And drug abuse isn't the same as recreation use.
    Everyone here is saying indefinitly that with him using cocaine 3 times a month his life is gonna be over very soon or hes gonna be homeless with no money, which is purely fabricated bullshit. All I'm saying is be responsible with your drug use, don't go overboard.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Of course addicts can control cravings. It's not like they are robots mechanically snorting their drug, they will always have the choice. Unfortunately, with addiction, that choice is skewed. Addiction makes you think that you can't function without it, and that you need to have it. I am not saying, like I didn't say in my last post, that a coke user will become addicted from using a few times a month, I'm just expressing the possibility (which doesn't happen by choice) and that there are more problems associated with coke use. If anyone wants to snort coke, it's their prerogative, and it doesn't mean they will get addicted. Unfortunately, there is a good chance that they will, especially if they keep increasing their use. I'm still of the opinion that one shouldn't use coke at all, as it hinders more than it helps. Still, it's the users choice. Just don't think that they can say "I won't get addicted" and that it means that they won't. Use with caution.
  13. punk0r1f1c

To anyone regularly posting in this thread. Me and my friend have recently discussed this issue and decided to put down the coke for a while. I told him I wasn't really comfortable with the consistency we were doing and he agreed and thought it would be a good idea to take a break.
  14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Hope you make it! Good luck! If you can stop, don't start's extremely debilitating in the long run!
  15. AshleyMarie

AshleyMarie Member

ah, yes cocaine.
    Cocaine is in fact addictive.
    Well to me anyways.
    I can honestly say I AM ADDICTED.
    I am no longer on cocaine, i went
    to rehab and quit because it pretty
    much ruined my life and put me in the hospital
    a few times.
    I thought
    "Hey, im not addicted, i can stop whenever I please."
    yeah right.
    I stay away from it now.
    However, if I ever were to be offered cocaine
    I would most likely shove it up my nose with pleasure.
    I am an addict, and always will be.
    No matter what anyone says,
    cocaine is a powerful drug.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.