CofE or catholic

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lost_child, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where to put this, apologises if its the wrong place or causes any offense.

I was christened and am CofE (church of England)...I don't go to church, lost faith in god along time ago....recently, I've been told that my views are more catholic, and they joke I would have been an ideal irish catholic girl!!!! I'm not up on realigon, but what i was wondering if its possible for someone who was raised as CofE to have different views that are more catholic, or am i the way I am and the thoughts I have about the world are because of my past...this is so confusing, i'm sorry. I'm confused as anything sorry. I'm not even sure what I'm saying.

if you kill urself is it a sin in the eyes of a catholic?

2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Yes, it is. It's regarded as a mortal sin.

Thou shalt not kill.

That applies to yourself, too.

(No, I'm not Catholic. I just... know too much >_>)

3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Personally I don't think it's necessary to put yourself into a class and stick to all the rules that are believed by the majority of the people in that group. Just believe whatever it is that you feel is right, I mean the bible has been translated through numerous languages, had different versions written by rulers and conquerors of lands and has been updated to modern language and still has people trying to live by each and every word. Just follow what you want and don't let anybody else try to force you into believing anything you don't want to.

4. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I know that if someone commits suicide they can not be buried in a catholic cemetary.

And xan I agree with you that you should be able to choose what you believe even if you are part of a religous group. The part I do not agree on is your comment on biblical translations, it is sorely lacking, I found it important to myself to study where the translations come from, what manuscripts are they using to translate, why are they made, what type of people translate them, etc etc if you do an idepth study in this area you will see that its a we bit more noble than translating from some huge chain of translations that relyed on some other translation made. I could go on and on with this but I wont seein that its not the topic here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.