Coffee House

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Twocky61, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Pretty much all round the world companies such as Starbucks, Costa, Nero have coffee shops on high streets

Where would you prefer to have a coffee? One of those aforementioned outlets or a local cafe/restaurant?

For me I much prefer an independent cafe/restaurant in the same way I would much rather buy a burger at a mobile roadside burger van or street stall rather than MsDonalds, BK, Wendy's or whatever

2. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

I'm not a fan of Starbucks for a variety of reasons and we don't really have any other big chain coffee shops around here. That said, we do have quite a few locally owned and operated coffee shops that are nice. One of them is owned by a former orthodontist, oddly enough. Good coffee and I get to support a local business and keep my tax dollars in my community. What I wish we had was a place where I could get a decent cuppa. People in the states csm make a great cup of coffee, but most of them can't make decent tea to save their lives.

~Ana

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

A local cafe...there's one about 3 blocks from where I live, and it has great coffee and desserts. A nice, quiet little place, friendly staff, think I'll need to go there again soon. :)

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Nowhere. I hate coffee.

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I know someone who spends $5 a day buying coffee out from a street vendor - because it became a daily habit when she was working, and now one she cannot break........ $5 a day, now that's nearly $2,000 annually..... I'm sticking with the plunger in my kitchen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.