Coincidence or God?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jjjoooggg2, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I have been wanting independence from my father for the last 20 years. I am now 39.

And although, I've been a Christian since my teens, I have never thought to pray for my independence. Within the last couple months I prayed for God to give me my independence. In a couple weeks my father told me that I could move away and start a new job. This was the first serious conversion my father has given me all of my life. I even went to his psychiatrist to have him tell me the same.

I'm not saying that I know for sure that God intervened. But I continue to wonder?

I still don't know why- I never thought to ask God for something that I've yearned for half of my life.

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: i'm glad you've been given this chance, whether it was god or not, you deserve it :smile: xx

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Who knows if it was divine help or not i really find it hard god exist in such a cruel world but sometimes maybe I am happy for you and i hope your life continues to improve. Prayer can't hurt i guess.

4. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are working out for you. Sometimes prayer helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.