Cold and flu symptoms...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by meaningless-vessel, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

How long would they need to persist for even with attempts to clear it up before it needed more practiced hands?

I ask that because after 3 or 4 days of constipation (stomach cramps, trouble doing number 2's) - I have woken up with a cold, a sore throat, and been really off key today - devoid of any energy and still pushed to try going out to play bingo (obviously not at my club because I work there) - but I really don't think that was the wisest move.

Tomorrow I have to work on the Diner side of things (and rest assured I don't feel particularly upbeat about that with the symptoms I've been showing) - that also included having cold hands and feet which I noticed more when having a bath (about 5pm in the UK - 5.5 hours ago) - that my hands and feet felt more than the rest of me in the temperature of the water - but also a noticeable shivering even when outside in a breezy wind that would have been acceptable temperature (it wasn't an arctic breeze but I was shaking as if it was - to the point of having 2 jumpers on in order to repel it).

Sheesh I feel like I've overdone explaining it :(
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Personally I would have to have cold/flu symptoms for more than a couple of weeks to go see a doctor who would be more than likely to send me right away again anyway since doctor's offices are always covered in posters about how they can't do anything about colds etc. I have only had the flu twice and despite genuinely being concerned that I was going to die and literally not being able to move (not even turn over in bed) for three to four days - it passed entirely of its own accord. I would say if you were able to even get in the bath and go out to bingo you likely don't have flu (yay - flu sucks!)

I would say wrap up - get fluids - sleep it off.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, fighting_the_tide.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're already beginning to feel better. But, if you are sick, especially if you're running a fever, stay home and get better, and that also means you won't be spreading the bug.

The flu and a cold are not the same. The first link below has three pages and they describe the difference between the cold virus and influenza virus. The second link is about when to call/see a doctor if you've got a cold or the flu. Please take care of yourself and get better.

Link 1 - cold vs flu

Link 2 - when to call/see doc with cold/flu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.