cold even when it's hot

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Dec 5, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I am so cold and it's really hot in my apt, I'm always cold! And not matter how much hot food I eat I'm still cold. I don't know what to do anymore...my nose is cold, my feet and hands...it's driving me nuts!!!!

anyone else feels like that? is this a particular disease?

Because I read it could be iron deficiency, the thyroid gland, not eating enough calories etc....idk...

please don't send me links to read...I'm not in the mood for that...I'm so cold it's giving me a head ache...

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes it could be what you say. I think its important to make an apt with a doctor. so you can get to the bottom of it and take what you need to take to correct this. :hug:

3. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

I'm the same but mine is due to undernourishment, I agree with flowers, best to make an appointment to make sure everything's alright

4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

could be a problem with your circulation...

5. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. I've always been known in my family to get cold easily or to be cold all the time (unless it's triple digits outside). All my blood work's been good when the doctor does a normal check up. So really I don't know what it is. I wish I could help out, but I sadly only know temporary fixes that don't help for long.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

If your doctor does a thyroid panel, please think about asking him or her to run a full panel. My doctor made a common judgement call that ended up not telling the whole picture. Thats very common. She just had the basic test run. Thinking that if it is not normal ( too high or too low) she would order the whole panel. Turns out my T 1 and 2 were fine. It was the T 3 and 4 that I had a problem with. But it went undetected. Because T1 was fine. My problem was due to cortisol. Thats just me. I am not suggesting it is same for you. Just that it might be a good idea to get a full panel done, if she does a thyroid test at all. The good news is that we are not talking about anything serious at all. Not even close. :hug:

And yes, circulation could be the culprit. A doctor should be able to figure it out. I live with my heating pad on. I also have a space heater. But that doesnt fix the problem. My problem at this point may only be because of lack of body insulation. Although I am still thinking that for me it is also hormonal.

7. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Sounds like your thyroid could by under active. Have you gained weight recently? You should get your blood tested